Chapter 50. One mystery at a time.

Opera's pov:

My body jolted as I saw the thing Iruma described so vividly to me. "He's right behind you, Iruma." I said, unsure to if I was also halucinating or not.

How did I get in this situation again? Lets roll back.

I had just sat Iruma down on the couch, taking a mental note of his state right now. He couldn't be doing okay, not in the slightest. I should have known all those experiences of this month had a big impact on him, especially the ones where Kiriwo hurt him.

I watched him grab a pillow and curl up, he tightly held the pillow as he sat there, looking at me. He looked uncomfortable, so the first thing I did was apologize. I screamed at him, wich is not something I should have done. I scared him, and now he's even more uncomfortable talking with me. I doubt he will answer questions like this, and if he does I doubt it will be honest.

After apologizing he seemed to have calmed down a bit, just a bit though, because I could still see his body shaking.

Nonetheless I need to get to the bottom of this, and I know how to. First I need to build trust, wich I just did. Next I need to ask him about this 'Ali' as if he really does exist, that way he won't keep anything from me. Third I need to try and guess if he's in the beginning of a psychotic episode, schizophrenic or just regular halucinating. Fourth I need to find the exact reason why.

Because if hes in a state like this, I won't allow him to go back to the human world on his own.

So I began asking questions, questions like "Your ring talks? What exactly does he tell you?" to "So when did he first appear?"

I knew almost everything about what he was seeing, but didn't ask him if he saw anything or anyone else. It was too early for that.

I then asked him if I could talk to him, I expected a no, but instead he went to the corner of the hall to ask me. I could hear him talking trough the wall, I couldn't hear the ring talking back.

Before I told him I heard him talking to someone else, and that was not a lie, however, the voice wasn't talking to Iruma at all. I heard the voice coming from somewhere else in the mansion, probably just someone curiously looking trough the windows. I was probably just hearing voices from outside though.

Eventually he came back, saying the ring had agreed, wich I didn't believe at all. He then sat down next to me, tapping the ring. He seemed a bit pissed. "Ali, come out." He said, but no one emerged, so he tried again, and again, and again to the point he was in tears.

I felt bad, but knew what was wrong, at least I thought I did. I tried to get him to calm down, but nothing seemed to work, whatever I said he just ignored, so instead of words I pulled him close, into a hug. He didn't seem to like it at all, still wanting to prove he wasn't 'crazy' as he said. I pulled him back. He was crying loudly, I shouldn't have asked to meet the ring. I knew this would happen.

Then suddenly out of nowhere as Iruma was crying in my arms, I saw the thing he told me about, Ali. Just like now, Im seeing it. "He's right behind you, Iruma." I told him, he moved slightly.

"Hi there, Iru-boy." It spoke as it stared at me. "Ali..? Is he behind me..?" Iruma asked, pushing me out of the hug. He looked in the sky before looking at me. "I can't see him."

"You can't see him?" I asked, he nodded. "Did you hear him?" I said, looking at the little critter coming out of the ring. He shook his head.

"I don't.." He said, confused. The Ali person then talked to me. "But if you can see me right now, and Iruma can't, can only one person see me at a time? Or can he just not see me?" The ring asked me.