Chapter 71. Horror.

Me and Asmodeus were sitting in the back of the carriage, not having to wait very long before we had arrived at the cinema. Soon Opera opened the doors and led us out of the carriage. I had a few questions on my mind that I wanted to ask Opera about, but before I could ask he was walking away again, saying he'd be back soon and we'd have to wait, leaving me and Asmodeus alone on the streets, stunned.

"Did he just leave us?" I asked, sighing. Asmodeus nodded. "Yes, but I think he'll come back." He then said, smiling slightly. He looked a bit uncomfortable, the same I was feeling. He probably wasn't very used to family drama exept for the drama with his mother and was feeling uncomfortable.

I was uncomfortable too, having to leave grandpa and being taken by Opera like a child in a divorce, taken away from one side without a choice. It both sucked but was funny too. Luckily Opera just brought us along for the cinema, although I don't know what he's up to today.

I have a feeling its more than just getting revenge on Grandpa.

I sighed, waiting together with Asmodeus on the empty street. The clouds had filled the sky today, making sure to stop all the light from entering, or at least trying to. It looked a bit depressing, wich didn't fit todays theme at all, kind off. I'll miss sleeping without someone next to me though. I wish today wasn't Azz's last day here.

Then from the distance I saw a red haired person approaching. At first I thought it was Opera, but it wasn't. The person just walked past us and that was it. Then another red haired person came, Opera this time. He waved, waiting for us to tag along with him. I looked to where the carriage had been and realized Opera left to put it somewhere. I looked at Asmodeus confusedly. "Did you see him take the carriage?" I asked him, and he nodded, even more confused than me. "You haden't noticed?" He asked, his confusion sincere. I shook my head. "I haden't."

I then looked at where Opera stood just now, and saw him in the distance, walking. He really is sneaky. I grabbed Azz's hand and started fast-walking over to Opera. I whined slightly. "Opera couldn't you have waited a while?" I asked him. Opera shook his head. "We are running late because of Sullivan being a bother." He said, picking his pase up even more. I sighed.

"You purposely didn't buy grandpa a ticket, didn't you?" I then asked, and unexpectedly shook his head. "Were there really only three cards left?" I asked, a bit confused. "Yes, there were." Opera said, confusing me even more. "I picked that movie for that exact reason" He then added, making me mutter a small 'Oh' before sighing again.

Ofcourse he would do that, I have no doubt in my mind he wouldn't miss that kind of opportunity. I laughed slightly to myself then, wich Asmodeus picked up. "Why are you laughing?" He asked, smiling. "Nothing, nothing. Im just happy, thats all." I said. It wasn't a lie, at all. I had never been to the cinema before, even in the demon world. In the human world I had never actually seen a movie before either, although I did work on one for a while because my parents thought the manga job wasn't enough. Film and drawing are both things incredibly hard, especially if its an animated film. I feel sorry for all the other animators.

In the demon world I did see movies though. One of the first days I was there actually. Opera set up a child movie because I had no clue how the demon world worked yet, and was pretty stressed. I liked making new friends, but I had no idea how demons worked. So when grandpa asked me if the people I hang out with were considered friends, Opera brought in a child movie about the demon world, making me understand it just a bit better.

Im so glad the demon world isn't actually all evil, or I would have already gotten my soul ripped out, if we even have those. Honestly im still clueless about everything even with the films, because how did demons come to be, and do angels exist? What about vampires? They litterely dress up as them for Halloween, just like u-