Chapter 7. Pain and...

Asmodeus's pov:

This morning I really screwed up. I made him cry. I shouldn't have acted so impulsively. I just really wished he would tell me whats up with him. He seemed so sad.

I look down at the food on my plate. There was a decently looking burger, with red wine and a small bowl of salad that contained a mellowly sweetened dressing. I ordered it about 10 minutes ago. It was my favorite meal. Yet I didn't feel like eating it.

I had been waiting for my blueberry friend for some time now, he still wasn't back. Why is he taking so long? Is he mad at me? Surely not, hes the sweetest thing I've ever met.

I quietly stared at my food for another 5 minutes. I felt misserable without his presence. I looked up to see Clara. She didn't seem much better. She looks as if she is on the verge of a breakdown.

Shes so weak.

...

Why am I lying to myself again? I feel the same. I hate it without him here. It just feels so empty. Its as if all the light suddenly dissapeared from the world. As if the sun died out and vanished.

As if the only thing that shines around me suddenly dissapeared.

Iruma, won't you please hurry up?

I won't be eating this without you, so please come back.

I waited a while again, about 5 minutes. He didn't come back. If he comes back, I'll just order something else. But for the time being is this meal not going to be eaten. I picked up my food and stood up. I walked over to the trashcan and dumped it into the empty bin. People were staring at me. First they whispered things like "Did Iruma leave them? I mean im not surprised."  They were all whispering around me. After a while though, all they did was laugh.

Sadistic bastards.

Of course Iruma haden't left us. Though I really wana know where he is.

Maybe I should go search for him, isn't that what friends are supposed to do?

What if he got hurt? He is sick and needs proper care. Yeah so why not search for him? Hes strong and doesn't want to talk to you. Does he not want to eat with us anymore? Im sure he loves it. Maybe he feels too sick to eat? Maybe he is sick of us too.

"No he isn't stop it you stupid head." I slapped myself in a desperate attempt to stop the thoughts.

I must look so stupid right now.

I looked up at the time. 5 minutes. Thats how long I've been standing here with an empty plate, just staring at the garbage bin. Atleast now I knew how the garbage bin looked like. Grey and vintage.

I decided it was best to sit back down again. I was already getting a lot of unwanted attention. Clara was still picking at her food. She had never been as quiet as this before. I did shut her up now that I think about it, but she never listens to me anyways.

I respect his privacy, but I have to do this selfish deed.

Forgive me, Iruma-sama.

Finally, I had given in to my thoughts. The ones that were the most self-centered of all. "Do you want to look for him, Clara? I can't wait any longer."

Clara stood up. She looked me straight in the eyes.

"I thought you'd never ask."

Iruma's pov:

"Hello again my sweet, sweet Iruma! I told you we would meet again soon.. didn't I?~"

I was taken aback by the sudden change of atmosphere. First I was standing on soft fluffy grass, now I was now inside of an old tower. The Babelys tower. How did I get here so fast? Confused I looked up at Kiriwo.