Chapter 68. Kisses.

"What really is that choker?" I asked. "And why is there a crushed one on that desk?" I said, pointing.

Asmodeus looked at the desk, his face getting pale as he looked towards me. It seemed he had no clue that it was there. Opera sighed, and began explaining. "Yesterday Kiriwo came to the house. Simply put I knocked him out and restrained him, but it seems he escaped. He had that collar with him, so Sullivan destroyed it. I didn't see that he had a collar around his own neck, his shirt covered that up."

Opera stopped there, and I was left in a daze. Thats not really what I asked about. I asked about the collar itself. Wait, hold on was Kiriwo here today. Wait. Wait what?!

I stared at Opera my head in shock. "He was here yesterday?!" I yelled in confusion. Opera nodded calmly. "Yes." He then responded. "With the collar." He then added. "But what is that collar?" I asked him. "And that device-ish thing on it." I added.

"Well.. that is a controlling device of sorts. Not any mind control or something like that. Basically it puts dangerous chemicals into the host's neck, wich can cause a row of effects. It can range from straight up trying to poison you to making you have a terrible evil cycle. If someone has such an evil cycle, they tend to destroy everything in their paths, making sure to not leave anything untouched. Thats a part of why it is so dangerous." Opera said, taking a deep breath.

Mind control? Seriously? What is this weird sci-fi collar doing here? I took a deep breath, my mind already confused. "I don't get it." I said, asking for an explanation.

So Opera began explaining it in baby terms, litterely. "Collar is evil, collar locks around your neck, collar causes great pain, collar is poisonous, collar makes you go crazy." He said, sighing as his previous explanation had been interrupted. Meanwhile grandpa was staring at him as if he went insane. Oddly enough I understood it better because of his simple explanation, although I still had many questions.

"Why did Kiriwo wear that around his neck?" I asked. "I don't have a clue." Opera admitted. "But I think it might have something to do with Baal and his men." He added, grandpa nodding next to him.

Chills ran down my spine when I heard that. Baal, the blonde haired man that had threatened me with a knife, and been so terrible to Kiriwo already. If he was planning something, it was nothing good, thats for sure.

I looked at Asmodeus, who was pale as a sheet of paper. He slowly looked at me and then at Opera. "Baal is involved?" He asked. Opera nodded. "Shouldn't you report that to border control?!" He then asked, shooting up from his seat. He then slowly sat back down, seemingly in a daze.

Grandpa shook his head. "Im afraid that Baal knows Iruma is human, just like you do. If word got out of a human in the demon world, it would cause for a manhunt, with Iruma as its target." He said darkly. Both me and Asmodeus swallowed deeply.

"Then what can we do?!" Asmodeus asked, seeming desperate. Grandpa stayed quiet for a second before answering "Nothing." and moving on with the conversation.

"Anyways, this collar and Baal is something both of you shouldn't be involved in." He said darkly, while Asmodeus eyed him with hate sparkling from every inch of his face.

However I was more conserned about what grandpa had said about Baal and the collar. Did they know something I didn't? Were they keeping more secrets than they already revealed? Were they endangering themselves? And why doesn't he want us to get involved while we already are?

I stared at grandpa with a slight bit of worry in my eyes. "Wait, but does that mean the both of you are involved..?" I asked my grandpa. He looked down and didn't answer. Meanwhile Asmodeus grabbed my hand and pulled me away, so I asked again. "Grandpa, Opera, tell me!" I pleaded, getting dragged further away. Grandpa slowly looked up, smiling. He didn't utter a word, instead he just smiled at me with a sad face.