Chapter 32. Death is closing in. 🛠️

"Hey, Azz. I think something grabbed m-"

I suddenly heard a splash coming from behind me, alerting me. I looked behind, Iruma was gone.

"Iruma, this isn't funny." I said, ignoring a panicked feeling in my throat. This wasn't the first time he pranked me after all. Though it is a little weird after he promised me not to.

I waited for a few seconds, but I didn't see his head plop back up. I felt a bit worried, but ignored the feeling. Last time he also took about a minute. Theres nothing to worry about.

I then waited a bit more. The heavy feeling in my stomach grew more and more with each passing second. It had almost been a minute, where was he? I decided to plop my head underwater to try and see if he was there, but he wasn't.

He probably made himself invisible behind my back. He is smart and comes up with all kinds of ways to mess with me. Especially when he joins Clara. I hate when that happens

I reassured myself that he would come back up, but after almost two minutes I grew restless. Where was he? And why wasn't he coming back up. It must have been a joke, right?

What if he really did get taken away by the fish? They are pure carnivores after all, and what if he got stung by one of the jellyfish, their arms are the size of buildings, sometimes even small city's.

And what if he forgot to come back up? Or wasn't able to? Then he would drown. I would be losing my master, my best friend and my lover.

I was now in a full panick. What should I do? Should I try to look for him? But what if it was just a prank? Should I wait? But if hes drowning he would be dead. Should I call someone? That would take too long.

Then my only option is to search for him. I have to.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, ready to dive, but before I could I could feel something wrap around my leg, making me shriek.

I then got pulled under water, being dragged down to the bottom. I was in a panick. What had just grabbed me?

Wait didn't Iruma say that something grabbed him.. Oh devil.

I rapidly got pulled down by what looked like thick, green seaweeds. If Iruma got pulled here also, I would be going to him. That thought made me calm down just a bit. I was now very focused. I could feel the weeds gripping tighter and tighter around my legs. About a minute after I got pulled down, I stopped. I assumed that this was the bottom of the ocean, the ocean floor. I then shrieked again as I felt more seaweeds touch me. They feel so gross and cold.

I then tried using a spell to get rid of the weeds, but it didn't work. There was no air to transfer the words into mana after all. Wait, does that mean im also stuck here?

I panicked for a bit untill I realized something. I can still use spells, just not the ones I have to chant. So I tried to focus my energy on to a spell. The one thing I exel at, fire magic. And it worked! I burned away some of the weeds, although it was a lot harder to do under water. The fire would still burn because of my mana though. Regular fire needs oxygen, while mine doesn't.

Eventually I burned away all the weeds that were on my body, making me free. It was now very hard to focus and I felt like I needed air.

I burned away more and more weeds untill I saw a small, blue piece coming out of the weeds, I came closer. Eventually I saw a vague looking figure. I swam to it as fast as I could and burned away parts of the weeds surrounding it. What I saw next left me speechless.

I saw Iruma covered in those weeds, his eyes open, looking up. His skin bleached white. His mouth hanging slightly open, and his hands resting on his neck. His body layed curled up on the weeds.