Chapter 28. School trip. ⚒️

The combined effort of the light shining trough the windows and the demon birds cheeping loudly outside, woke me up. I rubbed my eyes, and pulled up my covers. I was not ready for this confrontation yet.

I'll just sleep another five minutes. It can't hurt, right?

Then I suddenly heard my demon clock going off, scaring all the sleep away. I groaned.

I don't wana get up yet.

I grumpily sat up, and slid off of my bed, making my way towards the bathroom. I brushed my hair, my teeth and dressed up. I then looked at my arm.

It went well yesterday. Supposedly the cuts turned out to heal well. I still have to wear bandages for two weeks though. Next week the staples and the thread can be cut off.

Opera told me my wounds healed fast, too fast. He told me that it was because of my natural body resistance because of trauma or whatever that means.

I took one quick look in the mirror before walking over to Opera and grandpa.

The atmosphere seemed cheerful today.

"Good morning, Opera. Good morning, grandpa." I said, smiling.

"Oh, good morning grandson." Grandpa said, a small smile placed on his face. Im glad that he isn't worried first thing in the morning. Opera had already let him know about what happened yesterday.

He also told him about me taking pills. Het told him that it went well, but he still doesn't seem to take a liking in me using drugs though. I understand that he is worried, but I'll be fine no matter what happens.

"So what do we have for breakfast this morning?" I asked Opera.

"We will be having pancakes, toast and some eggs today." He said, his neutral self shining trough. He seemed to be content too.

I was too. Well, exept for this swirling feeling in my stomach. I just can't help but feel that today is going to be a great one. I don't have a single clue why either.

"Sounds great!" I said. Opera was going back into the kitchen. When he came back out, there were all kinds of delicious meals waiting for us.

I can't wait to dig in.

Once Opera and grandpa had taken place, I took my first bite. "Delicious!" I said with my mout full. Both Opera and grandpa looked happy.

I still can't get rid of this feeling.

Once I had finished my food, I looked at the time. 8.48 Am. If I won't hurry up im going to be late.

I stood up, gave my compliments to Opera and grabbed my bag. I then opened the door going outside. I saw that Asmodeus was standing at the porch, waiting.

But where is Clara?

"Hey Asmodeus!" I shouted, waving. I ran up to him, and opened the gate.

"Good morning master Iruma!" He said, a bright smile plastered on his face. "Good morning." I replied. "Is Clara not here yet?" I asked.

Asmodeus shook his head. "I haven't seen her today." He clicked his tongue. "That girl dares to be late in front of my master? Such lousiness." Suddenly his face went from a scolding face to a happy face. "No matter, I'll escort you alone just fine, master Iruma!"

Haha, of course you would.

His hair looked much more fluffy than it normally was, but maybe thats just me. I suddenly had a strange urge to ruffle trough his fluffy, pink hair. But I stopped myself. Opera was probably watching us after all. Or grandpa. Or maybe even both.