Chapter 10. Do I love him?

"I will find out who did this to him and when I do, they are dead."

Asmodeus suddenly snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the door open.

"Im back!" Balam sensei opened the door, his hands full of stuff. He was carrying the supplies needed for Iruma to get tested. Balam sensei was wearing an old leather bag with weird potions and objects sticking out.

"Let me see how he-

He stopped when he saw the scene that was displayed before him. Iruma was hurled up in the arms of Asmodeus, who was holding him like a mother duck would with her child. Very agressive. From the other side of the room we had Clara, who was screaming at Asmodeus.

"Let him go! Hes mine."

"Are you really starting a fight at a time like this?" Asmodeus screamed confusedly.

"Yes!" she screamed, extremely self confident. She almost looked proud.

Balam looked lost, what did he walk into? He slowly entered the room, aware of the two dangers that might be lurking. He slowly approached the two aggressive teenagers.

"Asmodeus, Clara would you two calm down?" He said sweetly. "Theres nothing to panick about, let me see how Iruma is doing."

Aswell Asmodeus as Clara both hurdled closer around Iruma. Asmodeus pulled the boy even closer, eventually holding him in his chest. Clara was now also sitting on the bed, covering them both with her hands. She was sitting in a T pose, her arms protecting the kids.
They both looked agressively at Balam, In a way that everyone knew not to get closer.

"No, I won't. First that red lady steals away Iruma-chie! Then this stupid flame boy steals him away and I'm not letting you steal him away from me either! You already got him a day and many hours at the exams!" She let out an agressive huff.

Asmodeus was mumbling something along the lines of "Stupid brat." and "He only needs me." which had made Clara even more enraged.

Balam sensei smiled. "Guys, I know you are very worried for your friend, but he needs help, and I'm going to need some more space if I want to help him, after I help him I promise you can see him again, okay?"

Asmodeus slowly seemed to get the message. He gently put the now half sleeping boy down on the bed and slowly pulled his covers up.

Clara on the other hand was extremely stubborn and had to get dragged outside by the cursing pink haired demon.

Now that they were all gone, or well waiting at the door trying to hear a conversation, Balam was alone, with a sick human boy. Luckily, the nurses office was soundproof, so no more demons would find out about Iruma's secret. There were already far too many.

Balam sensei had heard about humans getting sick before, but he had never seen it happen in real life. He didn't know exactly what to do, and how to help him, so he decided that the best way to get Iruma help is to ask Iruma himself.

"Hey, Iruma how does sickness work with humans? Is there anything in particular that you do when you are sick, anything I should check?"

Iruma was quiet for a while, Balam patiently waiting for the boy to reply.

"W-we eat soup... and sometimes we take pills." His words were slow and droopy. His face was hiding under the blanket.

"I have never heard about anyone getting better from soup before, interesting. What kind of pills do you take?"

"We t-ake pills against the pain.. and being nauseous.." His words were once again slurring, but he responded much quicker than before.

"Oh, we have those too. Would you like me to get you some pills? They do however have a few unwanted effects, like headaches and feeling drowsy. Oh wait can humans even take these..?" He mumbled the last part, it was obvious that he was not talking to Iruma anymore, but to himself instead.