Chapter 6: Classes

3rd Person POV

Beacon

"So, what's this Professor Port guy like anyway?" Sincline asked as he, Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang walked down the hallway for the first class of the second semester and Sincline's first class on Remnant... well, ever, if he didn't count the rundown the girls gave him on the basics.

"He's a veteran Huntsman who teaches Grimm studies," Weiss explained patiently, adjusting the collar of her school uniform as Sincline plucked at the edge of his own. Jaune had lent him one of his since they wore similar sizes.

"Well, he's supposed to," Yang commented. "Mostly, he just tells stories that are very long and unnecessarily detailed. Seriously. You have no idea how long they are."

Sincline blinked, staring at her in surprise. "There's nothing normal about this planet, is there?" he asked, sighing.

"Nope," Ruby replied cheerfully, practically skipping down the hallway with the rest of the team following behind her. Arriving at a set of heavy oak doors, she pushed them open, and the group walked inside.

"Ah, Team RWBY," a fat man with gray hair and a mustache greeted as the team entered. He appeared to be in his early old age and wore a double-breasted burgundy suit with gold piping and buttons. His maroon pants were tucked into olive calvary boots.

 His maroon pants were tucked into olive calvary boots

"On time today, I see."

"One time!" Ruby complained, her voice a whisper as she pouted, puffing her cheeks. It was rather adorable, the sudden thought catching Sincline by surprise. "...and that other time," she admitted. "Oh, and that other one... yeah, we're pretty late most of the time."

Port cleared his throat. "Ah, yes... well, please, take your seats and try to be this early from now on," he invited, gesturing to the front of the classroom where Team JNPR was already seated. Exchanging looks with Ruby, Sincline shrugged, and the five of them joined JNPR at the front of the room.

Timeskip

"Alright!" Port announced as the rest of the students filed in and took their seats, the gray-haired teacher standing before a semicircular array of desks arranged in the lecture hall, several antique drawings of various Grimm arranged on the wall behind him. "Now, I know you are all waiting to fill your heads with the boundless knowledge my many adventures can provide you... but first, a new student!" Turning, he gestured to Sincline. "Mr...?"

"Sincline," the mech-turned-human replied. "It's just Sincline." Maybe I should get a last name like the others, he thought. But what?

"Well, Sincline, tell me. Would you consider yourself to embody the traits of an honorable, tenacious, dependable, strategic, well-educated, and wise Huntsman?" Port inquired.

Sincline tilted his head. Those were... oddly specific. I don't know about the last two, but I can be dependable, right? "Well, I'm here to learn to be one, so... I guess?"