Chapter 44: New Challengers

3rd Person POV

Amity Arena

"Well done, Sincline," Pyrrha said with a warm smile as Sincline, Ruby, Yang, Blake, and Weiss joined her and the rest of the red-headed Spartan's team in the stands.

"Why'd you take so long?" Nora whined. "I wanted you to break some legs."

"To be fair, they had no idea they'd be going up against someone of Sincline's caliber," Weiss pointed out, sitting beside Blake and Yang as Sincline and Ruby sat down next to her. "Not to mention that he has roughly ten thousand years of sword fighting experience."

"Well... skillset wise, at least," Blake acknowledged.

"Can we go get some victory food now?" Ruby pleaded.

"Sure, but—" Yang started, but got cut off as a familiar grey-haired boy flipped into the chair beside her.

"Sup, Blondie."

"Mercury?" Jaune asked in surprise after getting his heart back in his chest. "What are you doing here?"

"Just escaped my teammates," Mercury replied, shrugging. "That, and it got a little cold, so I decided to warm up." He winked at Yang, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Oh really?" Yang teased, elbowing him. "And how warm do you want it~" You sure you want to play this game?

"That depends," Mercury countered, winking as he slid closer to her. "How hot can I get it?" Bring it on.

"Well—"

"What are you guys talking about?" Ruby asked as Sincline tilted his head curiously.

"Nothing!"

"Okaaay..." Sincline and Ruby exchanged looks.

Timeskip

"So, where should we get some 'victory food'?" Sincline asked as he, Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, Team JNPR, and Mercury entered the fairgrounds.

"Noodle place again?" Ruby suggested hopefully.

Weiss cuffed her over the back of her head. "No, you dunce!" she chided. She did not need a reminder of her father's influence.

"We should try someplace different," Ren agreed, oblivious to the white-haired Heiress's thoughts. "Variety is the spice of life."

Mercury thought for a second, but before he could speak up, he heard a voice call, "Mercury!"

Turning, they saw a little girl waving at them, her silver hair flashing as she clutched her wolf plushie.

"Silva?" Mercury asked, recognizing the little girl as she raced toward the group and hugged him as best she could given her small stature, much to his and the rest of the group's surprise.

"Who's this?" Weiss asked curiously.

"Wait, this is the girl from the battle," Sincline realized, his eyes widening in surprise. Honestly, he hadn't expected to see her again after the attack. "The Breach...."

"Yup, Mercury saved my life," Silva said proudly, causing everyone to turn to Mercury in shock.

He shrugged. "Hey, I can be nice once in a while."

Yang grinned. "Whaddya know? Looks like you've got a soft side after all, Merc," she teased, elbowing him playfully.

"Don't call me that," Mercury requested. "Please and thank you."