Chapter 49: Entity

3rd Person POV

Amity Arena

"So, this is Beacon," Solara commented, her royal blue eyes flashing with red fire as she glanced around the stadium. A pair of wings made of shimmering fire extended from her shoulders, her golden and red-robed armor shining in the sunlight as her brown hair waved beneath her winged helm. "Not as warm as Vacuo, but good enough, I suppose."

Aspen scoffed, her icy, spartan-like armor over blue jeans and a white tank top glinting in the sunlight as her black hair shifted in the wind. "Let's just beat this guy and go home. I want my air conditioning."

"Aw, come on, try to have a little fun," Solara teased, spinning her Greatsword easily in one hand. "From what I heard from Shane; this guy's pretty strong."

Aspen huffed, but before she could say anything in reply, the arena trembled, causing the crowd to fall silent as all eyes turned toward the sky above.

Up in the Stands

"What was that?" Ruby wondered, looking around as Accalia raised her head, her ears twitching as she gazed up toward the sky.

"I don't—" Mercury jumped, the others doing the same as a large ship shot overhead, circling the arena with a beam of purple energy trailing behind it.

"Wait, isn't that Sincline's ship?" Weiss exclaimed, watching the wraith-like vessel streak overhead.

"Yeah, it's—" Ruby started, only for a second ship to shoot up from the west side of the stands, a beam of purple energy trailing behind it as well.

"Wait, how many ships does Sincline have?" Mercury asked.

In response, a third ship emerged from the north side, purple energy trailing behind it as well as all three ships circled the arena.

"A third ship?" Blake exclaimed. This was the first time she had seen this one, and judging by the others' reactions, it was theirs, too.

"Guess he's really going all out," Yang commented, and all of them watched as the three ships circled above the arena, their ray-shields canceling the forcefield that surrounded the arena and allowing them to pass above.

Down Below

"Still think he's not that tough?" Solara asked, raising an eyebrow triumphantly at Aspen while keeping an eye on the ships. Those are way more advanced than any I've seen from Atlas, she thought. If he's trying to use an intimidation tactic on us... it's working.

Aspen rolled her eyes, a flicker of dark energy radiating from the edges. Before she could respond, Sincline's ships put on a burst of speed, shooting up to the top of the arena.

"Wait, is he..." Ruby trailed off as the three ships merged together with a flash of light, temporarily blinding the occupants of the arena.

Grinning behind his visor as he quickly assumed his human-sized form before anyone could see, Sincline flipped and dropped to the ground, landing on one knee and with a fist embedded into the ground, releasing a shockwave on impact.

After several seconds of stunned silence, the crowd erupted in cheers, deafening the stadium.

"That's my Sincline!" Ruby shouted happily, and Accalia let out a cheerful bark.

"Nice entrance," Solara commented, eyeing Sincline warily. She had heard it from Thorn, and she hadn't thought anything of it... until she was staring at Sincline himself. Those eyes... it was like she was staring into a hurricane of raw, absolute power. "You been practicing?"