Chapter 52: Nuckelavee

3rd Person POV

Anima Village

Stepping out of the mist, the massive Grimm advanced toward them, a hunched shape slumped over one side, long arms dragging behind. It was a massive horse-like creature over 30 meters tall, a skinless humanoid Grimm fused to the top half. The humanoid body on the top had long, curved horns on its head, a mouth that was partially sewn shut, and two long elastic arms with four clawed fingers, each one ending in a wicked, serrated talon over a foot long. On the back of the 'human' torso were multiple boney spikes, and several more sprouted from its shoulder blades. Bone-like armor adorned its upper frame and the top of its horse-like body, and black blood dripped from each piece, splattering on the ground below. Its forelegs were shaped like claws, serrated talons digging into the ground, and it had hooved hind legs that cratered the pavement with each step. Coming around to face them, the Grimm paused and pawed the ground. The taloned fingers twitched, eliciting a sharp series of cracks like snapping bones. Jerking up, the creature gave a loud, wheezing scream that sent shivers down their spines.

(A/N): Like this, except with the added additions as mentioned above and 30 meters tall

"An-an Alpha N-Nuckelavee," Blake whispered, horrorstruck. All of her Faunus instincts screamed at her to run away from the apocalyptic creature.

"A w-what?" Ruby asked, staring up at the massive Grimm in pure, unadulterated terror, her gaze fixed on the copious amounts of blood that adorned the creature's body... specifically, the dried gore that clung to its talons.

"It's an SS-class Grimm," Blake explained, eyes not leaving the monster before them. "Arguably one of the strongest Grimm known. A single Nuckelavee could wipe out entire villages on its own. As far as I know, no one's beaten a Nuckelavee... and lived to tell about it. Alphas are on a whole other level. The last one sighted wiped out the old city of Mantle... no one survived the attack."

"Then what do we do?" Sincline asked, staring at the horrific creature as it stared down at them, its arms twitching as its talons curled, grating against the stone pavement. A shiver of fear crept down his spine, and he tensed, his tail flicking nervously.

Everyone turned to Ruby. She was silent for a moment, weighing their options. Finally, she raised her head, staring at the massive creature before them. They couldn't run. The creature would tear them apart as soon as they attempted to escape. "We fight. And we win."

Letting out another scream, the Nuckelavee raised its arm and lashed out, serrated talons shrieking through the air like a bolt of lightning.

Everyone scattered, Sincline shooting into the sky as the creature's arm slammed into the stones where he had been, the ground imploding where the creature struck. The Grimm reeled back its arm and swung again, this time at Yang, but she rolled, dodging the attack... which is exactly what the Alpha Nuckelavee wanted. Halting its swing midair, the creature whipped its arm sideways, and its claws slammed into her chest with the force of a battering ram, throwing her through a building with a cry of pain.