Chapter 45: A Brawl in the Family

3rd Person POV

Beacon Airstrip

"Weiss, what's the big deal?" Ruby exclaimed as she, Sincline, and Accalia chased after Weiss. Several Shade, Haven, and Atlas students stared at Accalia in shock, but seeing how unaffected the rest of the Beacon students were, decided to let it be... although they didn't stop glancing at the Kitsune suspiciously. "Who is it?! Who is she?!"

"Winter," Weiss answered, her eyes locked on the airship as it docked before them. A low hiss, and a hatch on the side of the airship opened, a woman with a striking resemblance to Weiss emerging into the sunlight.

"Wait..." Ruby said slowly, her eyes widening as she beheld the woman. "Your sister?"

"Sister..." Sincline mused, recalling how Weiss had described her. Let's see if she's as good as Weiss made her out to be, he thought. ...I hope she's not mad about me killing her father.

"She has a pretty big family," Ruby replied, shrugging. "A brother too, but I heard he's kind of a—"

"Winter!" Weiss called, jogging toward her older sister as four Atlesian Knights emerged from the airship, their rifles gleaming.

Upon hearing her voice, the elder Schnee sibling turned to face the four of them. A little taller than Weiss, she had slate-blue eyes, dark eyebrows, and long white hair that was tied back in a bun high on the left side of the back of her head. Additionally, bangs hung along the right side of her face with a small, curled lock of hair hanging down on the left just above her shoulder. She wore a white long-sleeved coat with a single dark blue clasp around the center waist holding it shut alongside a red jeweled brooch on the collar. The coat's length ran down to her ankles, and the sleeves were split from shoulder to elbow. She also wore a white pleated sleeveless blouse with a dark blue waistcoat. A pair of white trousers with dark blue garters alongside a pair of gray thigh-high boots with black detailing around the knees covered her legs, and a pair of black forearm-length gloves with gray trimmed cuffs adorned her arms.

"Winter, I'm so happy to see you!" Weiss said happily before catching herself, adopting a more ridged posture

"Winter, I'm so happy to see you!" Weiss said happily before catching herself, adopting a more ridged posture. "Oh. Your presence honors us." She curtsied, and Sincline and Ruby exchanged confused looks.

It must be an Atlesian thing, they decided.

Looking around, Winter examined the courtyard. "Beacon..." she mused, her voice cold, clear, and authoritative. "It's been a long time. The air feels... different."

"I mean it is Fall, so... it's probably colder," Ruby offered helpfully.

Sincline tilted his head. "If she's from Atlas, then wouldn't it be warmer?" he asked.

Rolling her eyes, Weiss smacked him and then Ruby over the head, sending them to the ground. "So, what are you doing here?" she asked, addressing her sister as Ruby rubbed her head and Sincline helped her up.