Chapter 67: Battle for Remnant: Part 2

3rd Person POV

Land of Darkness

"Keep pushing!" Winter shouted, summoning a Glyph and blocking a charge from a Boarbatusk. Her rapier flashed; blood sprayed, and she tore her weapon out of the Grimm's eye socket.

"Pyrrha!" Jaune shouted, and she nodded. Dashing toward him, she jumped onto his shield, and he launched her into the sky. Flipping through the air and landing on a Nevermore, she changed her spear into rifle form and opened fire, raining Hell on the Grimm.

"Nora Smash!" With a maniac grin, Nora leapt into the air and brought her hammer down on a Deathstalker's skull, crushing it in a spray of bones and gore.

As Ren and Jaune cut their way through a swath of Beowolves, Atlesian soldiers took up firing positions behind and on the massive rocks and crystals dotting the landscape, raining fire on the enemy. White Fang soldiers did the same, those with melee weapons fighting alongside the Huntsmen and Huntresses as they took to the front lines.

Sidestepping an Ursa's attack, Coco lashed out with her purse, crushing its skull with one blow. Changing her weapon into its minigun form, Coco unleashed a barrage of Dust shells on a horde of Sabyrs as Velvet did the same, wielding a copy as they mowed down the horde of saber-toothed Grimm.

          "There's too many!" Thorn shouted, launching a pair of knives at a Creep before backflipping, dodging a barrage of tendrils as Jace lashed out, taking down an Ursa Major and tearing it in half

"Keep fighting!" Esdeath ordered. Impaling an Alpha Beowolf with her rapier, she backflipped, dodging a massive fist as a Beringel slammed into the ground where she had been. Covered in bone-like plates of armor, the ape-like Grimm raised its fists, beat its chest, and roared at her.

          "Oh, you're a big one," Esdeath commented, a wild grin on her face

"Oh, you're a big one," Esdeath commented, a wild grin on her face. "That'll make this all the more fun!" Flipping into the air on a pillar of ice and dodging a fist, Esdeath raised her rapier, ice gathering along the blade. She swung up, and a wave of serrated ice mirrored the movement, splitting the Beringel in half.