Chapter 30: Argus Limited

3rd Person POV

Beacon

"I can't believe that Ironwood personally invited you to Argus," Weiss commented as Sincline, Ruby, Yang, Blake, and the young Heiress made their way down the carpeted hallway of Beacon toward the airstrip, Accalia trotting along beside Sincline. It had been a few weeks since the Breach, and Atlesian forces and Huntsmen had immediately begun repairing the heavy damage wrought upon the city. There were more than a few casualties, but the fighting had been contained mostly inside the city, so there weren't as many deaths as there could have been.

"I can believe it," Blake commented as the group exited the entrance and stepped out into the sunlight. "Vale was just hit by the largest Grimm horde in decades. It's a wonder the council hasn't petitioned Ironwood to lend them state-of-the-art Atlesian technology yet."

"You mean, technology that belongs to Sincline," Yang corrected, patting Sincline on the back and sending him into the ground in the process.

"Yang!" Ruby protested and quickly dashed to Sincline's side in a shower of Rose petals.

"...sorry," Yang apologized, scratching the back of her head sheepishly as Weiss and Blake stared at her, Accalia flashing the blond a glare of her own.

"It's okay," Sincline assured, wincing as he extracted himself from the floor. A surge of warmth flooded his veins, and he sighed as he felt the bruises fade away beneath the strength of his Aura. "Anyway, Blake's right," he affirmed, rolling his shoulder and earning himself a series of sharp cracks in the process. "I've checked the records, and the Breach was the largest assault Vale's faced in the past hundred years."

"So, Ironwood's gonna have you supply Atlas with more tech?" Yang asked.

"Dunno," he replied and shrugged, kneeling to scratch Accalia behind the ears, earning a soft purr from the Grimm Kitsune. "I sent him the plans for a particle barrier a while back, and he shipped them to Argus for a test run. From what I know, he has a base there that was protecting the city from Grimm with a Hardlight Dust barrier. If the new particle barrier's working, then I'll lend him some plans for stronger rifles, but only one model. The last thing we need is the..." He trailed off, glancing at Blake uncertainly, and she sighed.

"You're not wrong. If the White Fang learned of weapons like a... a Zaiforge Cannon?" she checked. Sincline nodded, and she continued. "I don't like it, but if Adam got his hands on even the lowest model of Sincline's tech, then the White Fang could do even more damage than they already have."

"I'm not as worried about the White Fang as I am about someone... else," Weiss spoke up, causing Ruby, Yang, and Blake to stare at her in shock while Sincline nodded in agreement.

Accalia, picking up the storm of negative emotion, growled and curled up around Weiss's legs, the symbols on her tails glowing ever so slightly.

"Who?" Yang asked, but Sincline stepped in before she could press the matter.

"I'm just glad that we made it to the end of the semester," he commented, earning a nod of agreement from Weiss as she flashed him a thankful smile.

Ruby, Yang, and Blake exchanged looks but decided not to press the matter... yet. "You're not the only one," Yang agreed and shivered. "I thought Goodwitch was gonna lose it since we... you know...."

"Wrecked Mountain Glenn and accidentally trashed half the city," Ruby offered.

"...Yup," Yang replied, popping the P. She grinned, all somberness gone. "Besides. Since Beacon's undergoing renovations, it looks like Ruby and I are gonna be heading back to Patch."