Chapter 16: Living in a Nightmare: Part 6

3rd Person POV

Beacon

To my dear sister, Winter...I hope this letter finds you well, Weiss wrote as she laid on top of her bunk, back against her pillow. It had been a few hours since the Nightmare incident, and since both she and Sincline were rather... unwilling to go back to sleep for a while, she had decided to write to her sister about recent events. Since arriving at Beacon Academy, I've managed to maintain top grades in all my classes. While the Headmaster decided not to make me our leader, instead, I have the responsibility of fully supporting my team as the ideal teammate.

Our leader is Ruby Rose. She's younger and... a little awkward, but she's exceptionally courageous. And... I must admit... has all the makings of a fine Huntress. She even saved me when I was in a bind. Weiss laid back, examining her letter and finding the rest satisfactory. She is a reliable leader and one of my best friends at Beacon. I'm also on the team with Blake Belladonna, a... person different from the rest of us. But she proved our father wrong in so many ways. I'm also teamed up with Ruby's older sister, Yang, and together, we make up Team RWBY... yes, I know the name is confusing, but we make it work.

And our newest addition... Sincline. He's from a place beyond the kingdoms, and that's all I can say on the matter, but... he's unlike anyone else at Beacon. He's strong, fast, powerful... and kind. In fact, he's a lot like Ruby, and in more ways than one. He's... scary, in that regard, and carries a lot in his shadows, but... he doesn't let it control him. Instead, he shoves it down in favor of helping us while we try to help him. Yes, it's a little... infuriating, but I guess that's just another aspect of Sincline that makes him... well, Sincline.

Recently, there was an... incident with a Grimm, and both he and I were affected by it. An Alpha Nightmare. If it weren't for Sincline... I wouldn't be writing this letter. I'll admit, having someone know my deepest fears and secrets is... odd, but Sincline never batted an eye. I don't remember that much about what happened, but from what I do remember, Sincline never gave up trying to help me. In the end, he saved me... but with his own personal demon. It was... I can't really say what, but the fact that he risked so much to help me is... touching.

Sincline is everything I could ever want in a... respective other, but I know Ruby has a stronger connection. She feels just like I do but for... different reasons. As both her teammate and friend, I could never get in between them for my own selfish goals. So, I shall do my best to help them... even if it's hard. Their bond is... something I will never truly understand, and it's rather incredible if you think about it.

It's weird. All my life, boys have always wanted me for my fame and money, but Sincline... he only wants to be my friend, my teammate, and that's it. All in all, with Sincline and Ruby... I think my life here at Beacon is better than I ever could have predicted.

Hoping to hear from you soon, your sister.

Satisfied with what she had written, Weiss placed the envelope on the desk and laid back on her pillow, her thoughts turning back to Sincline once again. Even though they had escaped the Nightmare... she couldn't help but feel conflicted on what to do with her rather... turbulent emotions. Sincline... do you even understand what you've done?

She sighed and glanced down, rubbing her wrist as she did so. Night had fallen once again, and Sincline still wasn't back in the dorm. He's probably still in the training room. Ruby and the others had already fallen asleep, so only Weiss was awake when Sincline had slipped out of bed and warped away. How did she know he was in the training room? Simple. He had left a note.