Chapter 61: The Battle of Beacon: Part 2

3rd Person POV

Beacon

"Ready yourselves!" Esdeath shouted and brandished her rapier, the others doing the same with their weapons as the fresh wave of Grimm spawned by the Wyvern charged, their teeth and talons flashing, eager for blood.

"Let's go!" Solara shouted, her wings spread wide as she shot into the air, Aspen following her lead while the wave of Grimm surged toward them, the Huntsmen and Huntresses rushing to meet them.

As he plunged his sword into a Beowolf, Jaune whirled and saw Pyrrha dashing toward Beacon. "Pyrrha, where are you going?!" he shouted.

"They're after the Maiden!" Pyrrha shouted, running to where Ozpin was holding the doors open, gesturing for them to hurry. "Come on!"

Hesitating, Jaune glanced toward Ren, who nodded, albeit reluctantly. While they couldn't trust Ozpin, they couldn't let the Maiden's power fall into Salem's hands. "We got this."

"Yeah," Nora agreed, hefting her hammer. "If anyone's gonna be breaking legs around here, it's gonna be me!"

Shaking his head, Jaune hefted his sword and shield and dashed after the red-headed champion. As he raced after Pyrrha, he failed to notice a certain false Maiden standing on a building above him, her glowing amber eyes narrowing.

With Sincline and Ruby

Hearing a loud, deafening roar, Sincline and Ruby whipped around. Eyes wide, they could only stare in shock as the Alpha Wyvern flew past them, easily dwarfing the Atlesian Airship. Before they could do anything, they heard a series of smaller, shrill shrieks, and turned as a flock of Griffons flew up, trailing in the great monster's wake. With a snarl, one of them landed in front of them, its red eyes gleaming.

Reacting quickly, Ruby lashed out, her scythe blurring through the air and slashing through the Grimm's shoulder and wing as Sincline summoned a scimitar and chucked it, burying the blade in its skull as dark blood sprayed in the air.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Ruby asked curiously, landing beside Sincline as he summoned his armor.

"Menagerie," he replied, drawing his scimitars while summoning several more and launching them into the swarm of Grimm. "Long story."

The click of a camera shutter filled the air, and they whirled around to find Neo holding a Scroll and pointing it at them. "Huh?"

Flashing them a wink, Neo smiled and hit 'send.'

With Roman

"Oh, you cannot be serious!" Roman exclaimed, staring at the photo Neo sent him of Sincline and Ruby above the caption 'guess who?'. Grabbing the scroll, Roman stalked toward the elevator, cane in hand. Seriously. Do these kids have a death wish?!

With Blake

"Running away again?" Adam taunted as Blake took a hesitant step backward. "Is that what you've become, my love? A coward?"

"Why are you doing this?!" Blake demanded.

"You and I were going to change the world, remember?" Adam snarled, baring his teeth. "We were destined to light the fires of revolution!" Stomping on a fallen Atlas soldier's chest and eliciting a cough of pain as the man's ribs cracked, Adam raised his sword. "Consider this the spark."

Before he could strike, Blake shot forward, blade lashing out and blocking the attack, knocking Adam back. "I'm... not... running," Blake hissed as her blade sparked against Adam's.