Epilogue

3rd Person POV

Quintessence Field

Shining white energy slowly swirling through the Quintessence Field around her, a woman dressed in white floated amidst the endless expanse, her blue eyes shining as the Field shifted and cracked around her. Her silvery hair swayed with an ethereal grace, and her semi-transparent garments flowed around her as if underwater.

"So," she murmured, her voice carrying gently across the Field as she examined an oval-like gateway before her, the edges swirling with streams of drifting blue fire, their core glowing white as they rotated around an image of Sincline as he and Team RWBY rested on the cliff below a shattered moon. "After all this time, you've finally awakened...."

Slowly, she held up a hand and watched as spectral tendrils of blue fire swirled above her palm, moving with snake-like grace. "You have done well, young Riftwalker," she whispered. Her voice was soft, yet powerful, the very Field shuddering under her words. "But Salem was only the beginning. You will have many challenges in your future. A Darkness is closing in... and you are the only one who can stop it."

Slowly, she raised her hand, and the spectral fire exploded in a brilliant flare several worlds wide, spreading throughout the Field before slowly dissipating out of sight. "You will be tested, Sincline," she murmured. "You have power... power that can tear apart existence itself. But you will learn to control it... you must, for if you do not, all shall be lost."

Nullessence Void

"So, you have finally returned," a second woman murmured as she floated amidst an abyss of darkness. No, not darkness. Nothing. There was simply nothing except the woman and the shifting creatures that materialized and disintegrated around her, their formless shapes sifting like smoke. A gown of liquid, semi-transparent darkness flowed around her, her pale, almost white skin an unearthly, yet beautiful contrast to her apparel. Her purple eyes glowed with absolute power, the malevolence almost a physical being in and of itself. "A bold choice, sister... attempting to claim him as your champion... my child of the Rift."

She held out a hand, and a formless creature of darkness swirled into existence above her palm. "But it is of no matter." Her eyes flashed, and the Nullessence Void around her burst into activity, countless Entities swirling around her like a hurricane. "Send your Defenders, your resistance... and when they fail, and you turn to him... know that you send him to the same demise.

"This is the beginning of the end, Sincline... a̶̼̕ṅ̵̻d̴̜̎ ̵͖̈́w̵̙̎e̷̛͕ ̸͍̌c̸̪͆a̸̋ͅn̸̟̆'̴̗͊ț̴̆ ̶̺̀w̴̱̆à̶̻i̷̻͝t̶͙͐ ̸̞̑t̶̢͆o̴͙͗ ̶̜͘w̸̱͛ȁ̶̞t̵͓͒ć̶̡h̸̡̊ ̴̢͌y̷͖͌o̵͖͆u̶̻̐ ̶̟̔b̴̼̀ù̴̫r̶͙͛n̸̼͗.̷͉̒"̵̙̊

Somewhere in the Universe

Fading from the stars, blue flames whispered through the galaxy, blurring faster than light as they arced toward a small planet in the distance... a planet with green mountains of land, oceans of blue, and clouds of white.

Theirtarget selected, the flames descended, becoming invisible as they swirled and twisted.As they reached its surface, the planet glowed... and five pairs of gleamingyellow eyes shot open.   

(A/N): The End... for Now. I hope you all enjoyed Defender of Remnant. Here's a sneak peak for Book 2:

Here's a link to Book 2: Return of the Riftwalker: https://www.wattpad.com/story/365530720-rwby-return-of-the-riftwalker