Chapter 17: Truthful Dares

3rd Person POV

Beacon

What's happening to me? Sincline wondered as he hovered in the Quintessence Field, swirling clouds of blinding energy drifting around him. Why can't I control myself? Why am I— his train of thought was cut off as a portal to real space tore through the field and Voltron flew through it.

"I underestimated you, Princess."

That voice... Sincline knew that voice. It was his pilot. HE was the one making him do this. HE was the one controlling his movements: Lotor.

"Stop!" Sincline shouted, but his voice went unheard, his words never reaching his pilot. His arms moved of their own accord, drawing his swords as his thrusters flared to full power. He surged forward, his blades whipping toward Voltron as they rushed to meet him—their blades clashing in an explosion of brilliant energy.

Pulling away, the two Trans-reality mechs spun around each other as they dashed through the Field, energy crackling around them as their blades connected again and again, explosions of dark and light Quintessence filling the 'air.'

"Please! Help me!" Sincline shouted, trying to reach Voltron.

The only response he received was a pair of energy beams from Voltron's eyes. Crossing his swords to block the attack, he forced the attack to the side and shot forward, energy trailing behind him as he felt his power grow even more.

Once more, their blades clashed, and the two mechs continued their deadly dance. Swerving and dodging a laser strike, Sincline came up just as Voltron launched their left 'hand' at him, much to his and Lotor's surprise. He dodged, avoiding the attack. Lotor made to swing at the Green Lion's head, and Sincline briefly managed to wrench control away from him, causing the swing to miss by inches. Before he could expel Lotor, Voltron launched a ray of energy from their sword to slam into Sincline's chest, throwing him back with a shout of "Take that, traitor!"

Sincline cried out as he was thrown back, the bolt of energy tearing into his armor as his control snapped and Lotor took command once more. No! Sincline cursed, frustration coursing through his veins as his armor instantly repaired itself thanks to the Quintessence radiating from the Field. He was so close.

Lotor laughed. "Poor Allura! All the power in the universe at your fingertips, and you still fear using it." With that, Sincline lunged toward Voltron, his scimitars flashing.

To his surprise, instead of engaging, Voltron pulled back and shot away. Sincline chased after them, moving so fast that he transformed into a beam of purple energy. I have to stop this. I can't let Lotor win.

Sincline attempted to pull back, but Voltron was the one who reacted, weapons dissolving as they slowed to a halt. What the—what are they up to? His thrusters flared, and he shot toward them, scimitars poised to strike.

A shining glyph materialized above Voltron's chest, flickering several times before unleashing a brilliant beam of blue Quintessence. Sincline crossed his swords, and the attack connected, pain blasting through his body as the energy tore through him like a torrent of ice.

With a yell, Sincline was thrown back... then forced back into the beam with his swords crossed once more. A surge of energy, and his scimitars were knocked from his hands, reforming back on his hips. He tried to pull back, get away from the energy as it started burning, his body flashing with pain as his 'pilot' forced him to dive deeper.