Chapter 11: Living in a Nightmare: Part 1

3rd Person POV

Unknown Location

The first thing Sincline felt was the cold, wet breeze on his skin. Opening his eyes, he blinked, staring out at the snow-covered expanse around him. What the—? Pushing himself to his feet, he stood and glanced around at his surroundings. He was standing in the middle of a barren forest beside a massive lake coated in ice.

 He was standing in the middle of a barren forest beside a massive lake coated in ice

"Where am I?" Sincline wondered, a gust of snow whirling past him. The last thing he remembered was talking with his teammates last night, and....

A crystalline snowflake floated down, and he extended his hand, watching as the elegant shape shattered upon his skin. It feels so real... but I can't remember how I got here, he thought worriedly, glancing at the crown of snow-covered mountains that surrounded the horizon. He ran a quick diagnostic, wondering if he had accidentally warped in his sleep (he'd never done that before, but it wouldn't hurt to be sure). He held no records of using his ability... but that wasn't the only problem. His star charts were completely blank, which didn't make sense.

He glanced up... and his eyes widened upon seeing a blue and green sky, covered in purple energy and massive white glyphs... familiar glyphs.

"Where in Oum's name am I?!" he shouted, his breath forming a chilling mist

"Where in Oum's name am I?!" he shouted, his breath forming a chilling mist... and he froze. His Aura... he couldn't feel it! Fighting back the urge to panic, he extended a hand, and a scimitar materialized. Taking a shaky breath, he rested his finger against the tip... and brought it down. Searing pain lanced up his finger as crimson blood welled up at the tip.

This doesn't make any sense. How could I have lost my Aura? "What's going on?" he wondered. He quickly scanned his surroundings for any other lifeforms (Grimm, human, and Faunus), but he found none. "There're no animals or any living things... even Grimm." First things first, I gotta locate civilization, get the lay of the land, then figure out where I am, Sincline decided. I'm pretty sure I'm still on Remnant... right?

Sincline crouched, bending his knees, and summoned his armor, the metal materializing in a flash of brilliant light. His thrusters flared, and he rocketed into the sky, throwing up a wave of icy snow as he kicked off. If I'm gonna find any civilization, I better do it from up here, Sincline thought.