Chapter 47: Worthy

3rd Person POV

Amity Arena

"Do you think Sincline's going to win?" Jaune asked as he, Pyrrha, Ren, Nora, Yang, Mercury, and Ruby stood in the stands, looking down at the arena where Sincline and Qrow stood facing each other.

"Dunno. Uncle Qrow's a professional Huntsman, but Sincline's got some serious firepower," Yang commented, leaning on the railing. "Not to mention that warping ability of his."

"I just hope they'll be alright," Ruby said worriedly. While she knew her uncle was probably the best Huntsman around, she also knew that, if it came to a direct contest, he was no match for Sincline if he used all his power. In fact, the only way Qrow could win is if his semblance caused Sincline to mess up.

Down Below

"You ready, space boy?" Qrow asked, drawing his sword and giving it a quick flourish as he and Sincline began circling each other, their boots clicking against the metal floor of the arena.

"I could be asking you the same question," Sincline replied, quietly running through everything he knew about his opponent, given his battle against Winter. He's very strong and uses his sword much better than Voltron, he thought. He controlled the entire fight and infuriated her on purpose, so Winter would make mistakes. I can't let him get to me. Any attack she landed did nothing, so his Aura's pretty strong.

Qrow laughed. "I like the attitude." From what I've heard, this kid's no pushover, the drunken man thought. I'll have to be careful. He glanced up at Pyrrha, who stood at the railing, arm raised and ready to start the fight.

"Begin!" Pyrrha shouted. She brought her arm down... and all Hell broke loose.

The ground cratering beneath his feet, Sincline shot toward Qrow as the Huntsman did the same, his sword flashing.

Jumping up, Qrow swung, his blade hissing toward Sincline, and the mech's body flashed. A loud clang, and Qrow's blade reflected off Sincline's armored forearm in a shower of sparks.

Grinning behind his visor at Qrow's surprised expression, Sincline lashed out with a foot, and Qrow backflipped... right into an Ion blast that sent him crashing into a wall, dropping his Aura to 90.

Okay, that's new, Qrow thought, staggering to his feet as Sincline shot toward him, a shockwave tearing through the air where he had been. Changing his sword to shotgun mode, Qrow fired, and Sincline shot up, dodging the attack. Swerving under another shotgun round, Sincline dove toward Qrow, drawing his scimitars. He brought them down, and Qrow raised his sword, blocking the blow as a massive shockwave blew out across the stadium, throwing dust into the air.

Qrow pushed Sincline back and unleashed a barrage of spinning attacks, his weapon blurring through the air, but Sincline blocked each blow. Catching the final swing on one of his scimitars, Sincline pushed Qrow back and lashed out with a foot, kicking him backward before shooting into the sky, dodging a shotgun blast.

The kid's fast, Qrow thought. And pretty strong, too. Aiming his sword, he fired another shotgun blast at Sincline, but he dove under it and attacked, slashing at Qrow like a whirlwind.

Dodging a counterstrike, the blade hissing over his head as he dropped to the ground, Sincline spun, and his tail slammed into the side of Qrow's head, throwing him to the ground and dropping his Aura to 85.