Chapter 62: The Battle of Beacon: Part 3

3rd Person POV

Beacon

"That's it!" Port called as another transport lifted off, Oobleck at his side as the rest of the Huntsmen-in-training gathered the remaining civilians at the airlift platform, where several Atlesian airships were landing. "Everybody on board; this is a mandatory evacuation!"

"A safe zone has been established in Vale," Oobleck stated, adjusting his glasses. "Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!"

"Weiss!" Turning from where she was helping an Atlesian medic hold down a Faunus, so she could apply a tourniquet to his severed arm, the Heiress saw Sincline and Ruby dashing over to her.

"I'm so glad we found you," Ruby said in relief, momentarily frightened at the blood covering part of Weiss's skirt and the side of her face before she realized it wasn't hers.

"Ruby, where've you--?" Weiss started, but Ruby cut her off.

"Don't worry, we're fine," Ruby assured and looked around. "What's going on?" She wanted to ask why her teammate was covered in blood, but one look at the wounded Faunus behind her answered her question.

Weiss looked down, not meeting either of their gazes.

"Weiss... what is it?" Ruby asked worriedly.

Looking past the Heiress, Sincline's eyes widened in shock. "Rubes?" he asked hesitantly, feeling both a burst of sadness and a tidal wave of rage course through his veins, although he quickly stamped down the latter.

"Yeah?"

Sincline gently took her hand as Weiss stepped aside, revealing the horrific view of Yang, unconscious, her right arm ending in a bloody stump just above the elbow. Blake was beside her, one hand over the bloodied bandage that covered her abdomen.

"I'm sorry," the black-haired Faunus whispered as Summer tended to her side. "I'm so sorry."

"W-what happened?" Ruby asked, tears falling from her eyes as she stared at her unconscious sister. "Yang...."

"Who did this?" Sincline demanded, his eyes flashing dangerously as his aura flared briefly before he reined it in.

"Adam got her," Mercury growled from his spot next to Yang, staring down at her face. While he felt just as angry as Sincline, perhaps even more so, Yang was more important. "His semblance... he cut right through her aura. I tried to stop her, but...." He trailed off and glanced at Raven where she was staring down at Yang, her face unreadable. She didn't say anything, but her expression made her feelings on the matter clear as crystal.

"A-aunt Raven?" Ruby asked, her eyes widening in surprise as she finally took note of the woman she knew as Yang's mother. She'd seen her in photos, but to see her in person.... "Y-you actually came?"

Raven nodded, and Ruby dashed over to tackle her in a hug, almost knocking her off her feet.

Raven... Yang's mother, Sincline thought, recalling what the blond-haired Huntress had said about her... how Raven had abandoned her. He shook his head. He could deal with her later.

Raven flinched and glanced at Summer, who smiled sadly at the sight. Hesitantly, Raven gently patted Ruby on the back, and she eventually let go.

"Where's Adam now?" Sincline asked, a sharp edge in his voice.

"Dead," Summer replied, earning a satisfied, albeit somewhat disappointed, nod from the mech-turned-human. "No one hurts my girls."

"And no one hurts my daughter," Raven agreed, kneeling at Yang's side.