14. New Friends and Enemies

After the ceremony

Professor Mary: I'm extremely happy to have Nila as the head student of our department. First time in the history of our department, a candidate has won with the majority of 2780 votes. Congratulations Miss Nila. Hope you'll make our department proud.

Students clapped and cheered of her. However Amy wasn't happy about that.

Amy: It should have been me. Bloody Bitch!! I wonder how she managed to get that much support. Don't you think so Martha?

Martha: She's had the support of the post graduate students I guess. They are more in number compared to the under graduates. We should have focused there more.

Amy: What's the use of telling this now? I've lost the chance. But I'm not gonna leave her that easy.

Mary: Now, I call upon the former head student -Miss Jennifer to hand over a token of appreciation to Miss Nila.

Jennifer came forward and handed over a box to her. It was  covered with a silver wrapping paper and seemed quite heavy.

Nila: Thank you so much ma'am

Jennifer: Your Welcome. Just open it and see.

Nila: Uh..now? (Looks at Mary)

Mary: Go on, open it.

Nila started removing the gilded cover and the students were eager enough find what was inside. She opened the cardboard box and almost shrieked out.

Nila: Oh my gosh it's a MacBook!

Her heart skipped a beat and there were  sharp intakes of breaths  among students. Faint whispers were heard.

Goddamn, she's so lucky!

Can you believe it? She just got a MacBook as a token of appreciation!

Being a head student is so cool right?

I would have also contested if I had known..

Definitely

Nila was overwhelmed with emotions and she was running out of words. Jennifer hugged her and a tear drop escaped out of her Nila's left eye.

Nila: I don't know how to thank you ma'am... I'm out of words.

Jennifer: See, I'm entrusting you with a great responsibility. Do your best and make our department proud.

Nila: I will...Trust me ma'am.

After the lunch over, she walked into the head students office. It was a large room exclusively for the head students. Every student had an individual workspace, consisting of a table and rotating chair. The room had lockers as well.

Nila: This feels like a dream come true. I've been pestering  dad for a laptop and now I got a MacBook! I guess I'm the luckiest girl in the  world. (She takes out her locket and prays): Holy Christ, Mother Mary, Thank you so much for your blessings. I'm forever indebted to you for your kindness. Amen.

Annyongaseyong...

She turned back to find a  girl with bangs and medium sized hair, smiling at her. She was also a wearing the head student uniform. She had almond shaped eyes, small cute face and chiseled features. She almost resembled the kpop idol- Lisa from Black pink. From her looks and language, Nila understood that she was Korean.

Nila (smiles back): Annyong tonak-seign (Hello new girl)

The girl was surprised. "Do you understand Korean?

Stand in My ShoesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara