75. Encounter

Two months later...

"One iced latte and a cup of decaf!

"Two expressoes please

"One chocolate mousse and velvet brownie at table 6!

Nila was taking the orders one by one. people were in a long queue infront of her saying out their orders. She was typing them out real fast. It was hectic, but she had got used to it.

Nila : "One hot cocoa and a chocolate doughnut right? 10 dollars. Thankyou very much. Next!

Her eyes were glued in the computer screen until she heard a familiar voice.

Nila...

Her heart started to pound harder and she looked up. Her eyes widened and brows narrowed. Her mind voiced

Nila mv: You?

Sooraj: How are you?

Sooraj was standing, letting out a tender smile while she stood grounded thinking whether she was dreaming.

Sooraj: It's been so long since we met.

She stood still, her heart pounding fast until the very scene of him and Stacy kissing eachother flashed across her mind. Hate simmered up in her veins she immediately looked away. However she tried to mask away her emotions.

Nila: Your order please.

Sooraj was confused.

Sooraj: But I'm here to see you. It's okay I'll wait.

Nila (coldly) : Sir please tell your order. The other customers are waiting.

Sooraj noticed the indecisiveness in her tone of voice and he let out a deep sigh.

Sooraj: Decaf please..

Nila: Total of five dollars. Thankyou. Next!

As he walked away, Nila's eyes started watering at the edges. It was difficult for her to control her emotions and work. Past images came flitting across her mind stream again and again. She couldn't handle it anymore.

Nila: Leah, please manage the counter for sometime.

Leah: I'm busy working on my choco chip pasteries now. Sorry.

Nila: I can manage that. You go

Leah: Nah... I'm working on this now. You manage it.

She literally lost her cool.

Nila: I said I'll do it!! Can't you just manage the counter for a while?? Can't you do just one thing for me atleast? Why are people treating like this every time?

She started crying and Leah was shocked. She tried to console her.

Leah: okay okay cool. I'll manage that. Don't use such harsh words. What happened to you? Why are you crying for this?

Where did the attendent go? The customers are waiting!

Leah: Coming!

It was around 7pm and her shift was finally over. She put on her jacket and muffler as it was cold and walked outside the shop while Sooraj called her from behind. She paused for a while, but tried to walk away as fast as she could.

Sooraj: Nila, wait! I need to talk.

He ran behind and overtook her. She averted her gaze

Nila: What do you want?

Sooraj: I want to talk.

Nila: Why? To explain and justify yourself for kissing another girl behind my back. Well no need of it.