24: Not Easy being You

After some time.

Nila came out of the bathroom and lied on the bed, with her head buried inside the pillow. She cringed everytime she thought about it.

Nila: I...I can't believe that I touched it! Ewww!! That's too gross!! I'm a sinner! Oh god forgive me please. I don't want to do it again.

She started to cry.

In the meanwhile, Rani called

Rani: Sooraj! The dinner is ready. Come.

Fighting back her tears, she got up.

At the church..

Father was delivering his speech about mutual peace and all the disciples were engrossed in his words. Maya, Reethu and Reena were sitting and listening.

Sooraj sat with a cold set face. He was wearing a long skirt and top with a white coloured muffler around his neck as suggested by Nila. He was sitting there for hours and could almost feel his stomach growling.

Sooraj mv: This is so tiresome and my stomach is growling. If it was me, I would have been watching tv and having hot chappathis cooked by mom. Oh..I'm starving!

To kill time, he took out his phone and messaged her.

Sooraj: What are you doing?

Nila was having freshly cooked wheat paratas with curry made his mom. She really loved the taste and praised her cooking.

Nila: These tastes so good. You are indeed an awesome cook!

Rani (smiles): Did you like it? Here, Take some more.

As she was having, she came across Sooraj's message. She replied back.

Nila: Hey there! Where are you?

Sooraj: At church. What are you doing?

Nila: Having hot wheat paratas with paneer curry made by your mom😋

Sooraj: 🤨🤨

Nila: what happened 🤭

Sooraj: Here I'm starving and listening to the lectures of an old priest and you are busy eating wheat paratas and paneer curry🤨. That should have been me.

Nila: Serves you right 😏😌

While he was messaging, her mom caught him during the act and snatched the phone from him. She snarled

Maya: How many times I've told you not to use your phone inside the church! Next time I swear I'll take you to the confession booth!

Sooraj: S...sorry mom.

At Sooraj's Apartment.

Nila: I'm full. Thanks for the food. (Takes the plate)

Rani: You're full already? You only had three paratas. Usually you have at least six or seven. What happened to you?

Nila's eyes went wide.

Nila mv: Six or seven? God, What an appetite!

Nila: I'm full mom. I can't eat more.

Rani made a disatisfied face.

Rani: I've made lots of it cause it's your favorite. You have to eat well or else how'll you get the energy to go to college and work. I'll bring some more.

Nila mv: Ah, no! If I eat more during night, it will ruin my diet! But wait, it's his body after all. I can eat whatever I want. Why should I concern?

At Nila's house