17.Rivalry at it's Peak

Riya: As their enmity kept on growing, it created a rift between the two departments. It was way too contagious. As days passed by, their enmity started to become a headache for the teachers and HODs. My love life was a stake too.

However we always found ways to play practical jokes on the other. When it came to ruining birthday parties...we were a pro.

Riya: It was 16 June and Nila's birthday. We decided to give her a surprise party inside the classroom. However, things didn't go well

Susan, Judith, Alex and Michelle were setting up the table. Riya was fixing candles on the cake and Catherina was working with the streamers. There was nobody in the class other than them as it was a half day.

Riya: Is everything okay? Shall we call her over?

Alex: All done. Where are the presents?

Judith: Don't take them out now. We'll give them after cutting the cake.

Catherine: This cake looks really nice and creamy. From where did you buy it Michelle?

Michelle: From Whisk and Frost. Its called Blueberry Treat. My family loves this flavour.

Riya: Your choice is really good. Okay listen, We'll hide under the table. You bring her over. Don't forget to blindfold her as soon as you reach here. (Hands over a cloth)

Michelle went out and others hid behind the desk. Sooraj, Marshall, Morgan and George were looking inside through the window.

Sooraj: So here is the place they are planning to hold the celebrations.

George: Yeah. Shall I take them out now?

Sooraj: Not now. We have to strike at the exact moment. This birthday is gonna be a memorable one for her. (smirks)

Marshall: Can't wait to see her reaction!

Sooraj: Hold on! There she comes. Pass me those crackers.

Michelle brought Nila inside and removed the cloth from her eyes. Her friends jumped out and yelled "Surprise!"

Nila was amazed and she closed her mouth with her hands. They went forward and hugged her. As she went forward to cut the cake, firecrackers started falling from nowhere and began to get burst.

The girls started screaming and running sideways frantically. They sought refuge under the desks. Morgan recorded it in their phones and they ran away from the scene.

Riya: This led to a fight between me and her.

Nila: Literally your boyfriend and his friends have now crossed the limits. I'm gonna complain this for sure. Everytime they do such atrocities and I just forgive them for yours and your boyfriend's sake. If somebody had got hurt, what would have happened?

Riya: I swear Avinash wasn't aware if this. He wasn't with them that day and wasn't aware of their plans. If he had known, he would have definitely stopped them.

Nila: You always find excuses to safeguard him. Well, he is more important to you than me. I'm sorry to say this but either your love or our friendship would remain.

Riya: What do you mean Nila? Do you really want to break our friendship? Will you really leave me and go?

Nila: Listen I didn't mean ..

Riya: The three years of our friendship and bond is of no value to you anymore right? Okay fine! Just leave me alone!!

Nila hugged her and cried

Nila: I'm sorry I didn't mean that. Don't leave me like that. It just came out of my mouth. I'm so sorry. How can I leave our friendship?
I would rather die than doing that!