52. Head Over Heels

After sometime

The clock was showing 4:15 and the rain finally lost its momentum. It changed into a faint drizzle.

Nila and Sooraj slowly moved back, breaking their kiss. She opened her eyes and looked at him in awe. Everything went silent for a moment.

She slumped back to her seat and gasped. His gaze was transfixed on the ground for some time. She broke the reverie.

Nila: What did just happen? Did we...kiss?

Sooraj hung his head in embarrassment.

Sooraj(nervous): I think so

Nila was unable to stop the adrenaline rush inside her. Her cheeks were flushed and her heart didn't stop pounding.

Sooraj offed the PC and took out his bag.

Nila: Aren't you doing the work?

Sooraj (stammers): Ah..I...can't concentrate anymore. I'll do the rest of the work at home. Let's go now.

Nila: Okay then.

She got up from her seat and got reminded of another emergency.

Nila: Oh no!

Sooraj: What's wrong?

Nila: Uh..I need to use the washroom. I'll be back soon. Okay.

Sooraj: Okay be fast. I'll be waiting outside.

Nila wore her raincoat and went outside. Both of them walked towards the gate, holding hands. They were to embarrassed to talk to each other. The roads were wet the buildings looked drenched in the downpour. It was cold and Nila wrapped her hand around his. He smiled

Later..

Sooraj: Okay then...See you later. Take care. I'll call you in the evening.

Nila: Yeah. Take care. Bye

Both of them said nothing and she waved her hand and walked forward. He opened his mouth and said hastily

Sooraj: I..I love you!

Her eyes wide opened and she turned back. She made the korean love guesture using fingers

Nila: Love you too.

He watched her walk away till she was completely out of his sight.

At Nila's house.

Reethu: It's five already. Still she's not here yet. Where is she?

Reena: Dont know. Just call her

Maya: Yeah call her. Maybe she's having an extra class or something.

As Reethu was about to make a call, the door bell rang. Maya opened the door.

Maya: Where were you all this while?

Nila: I had a special class today. We need to cover a lot of portions nowadays

She got in.She unbuttoned her raincoat and threw it at Reethu was drinking coffee.

Reethu: Hey! What are you doing? Are you blind?

Nila: Oh...sorry I didn't see.

She ran upstairs, mumbling a song. Reethu and Reena exchanged looks of surprise.

Reethu: What happened to her?

Reena: Don't know. She's acting weird nowadays.

Later

Maya and Joseph went to a house warming at Hampstead. Reethu and Reena were watching Brooklyn 99 in netflix. Her phone chimed.

Reethu: Hello..