56. A Mishap Occurs

The clock was showing 7:30. Sooraj came to the room holding cups of tea while Nila was still asleep. He kept the cups on the table and slowly tried to wake her.

Sooraj: Nila, wake up.

Nila (groans): Five minutes mom..

Sooraj (giggles): She's just like me.

Nila squinted her eyes and became aware of where she was sleeping. She yawned, took her hair clip and bunched her hair up in a messy bun.

Sooraj: Good morning

Nila(yawns): Good morning

Sooraj: You slept well?

Nila: Yeah

Sooraj: Go and brush. We have to complete the rest of the portion today. Remember?

Nila: Hmm..

She went to the washroom to freshen up. After breakfast, they sat down to study the rest of the portions. Time was passing away.

Later...

Sooraj: The formula of the  wave function probability density is

Nila wasn't listening and her thoughts were else where.

Sooraj: Nila where are you lost?

Nila: Sooraj I'm worried. If someone knows about what had happened between us in college, what would we do?

Sooraj: Nobody will. Don't worry. We shouldn't tell this to anyone. Not even to our closest friends. This is a very confidential matter which would affect our reputation. So it should be a secret between us only. You heard me? Not even to Riya

Nila: Okay. I won't. You also don't tell this to anyone.

Sooraj: I will never do that. I always keep things private.

Nila (curls her pinky): So pinky promise.

Sooraj: Yeah (curls his pinky with hers)

All of a sudden, the calling bell rang and they looked at each other.

Nila: Who's that?

Sooraj: Must be the maintenance man. I'll check.

He got up and went towards the door. As a final thought, he tried to peep outside through the tiny glass hole on the door. He freaked out.

Sooraj: Gosh!!! It's mom!!!!

He came running back to the room and Nila was shocked.

Nila: What happened?

Sooraj: Mom is here!!

Nila(shocked): What!! You said she'll return only on Monday!!

Sooraj: Of course. She said she return on Monday but never thought she'll be back so fast!! What to do now?

Nila: Why are you asking me? Do something!!

Sooraj started panicking while the calling bell was heard again. He was getting restless.

Sooraj: Go and hide in the bathroom. Now!

Nila jolted from her seat and quickly hid inside the bathroom. Sooraj quickly gathered all her belongings and hid them inside his cupboard. The bell rang again.

Sooraj: Coming!

He hurried towards the door and opened it.

Rani: How long should I ring the bell? What were you doing inside?

Sooraj: I was in the bathroom. Sorry

Rani put away her bags and sat on the couch, fully tired. He oned the fan.