51. A Love Song

Three months later...

Two sandwiches and cappuccinos
please"

Nila and Alex were at the counter buying snacks. They took their trays and went towards their seats.

Nila: We should try Latte next time. I heard it's really good.

Alex: Yeah but I like cappuccino more.
It's too creamy and frothy

Nila sipped her cappuccino and took a bite from her sandwich.

Nila: So, how's things going with Brian?

Alex: Pretty good. He asked me whether I could meet his parents and he could meet mine.

Nila: That's great. When?

Alex: This coming Sunday.

Nila: Wear something nice and pretty. Also, be polite and humble. Don't utter something rubbish and ruin things okay?

Alex(grins): Yeah I won't. I need to pick a dress for the same. Can you come over to Westland this Saturday?

Nila: Yeah of course. What kind of dress are you planning to wear?

Alex: Like a simple frock or an overall. You know, I only have tshirts, jackets, and baggy jeans in my collection (smirks)

Nila: Yeah I'll help you out with that. Don't worry.

Alex: Thanks love. And by the way, how's Sooraj?

Nila(munching her sandwich): Yeah he's good.

Alex: I heard he got suspended. Poor him. The management must be weird.

Nila: Yeah. He's trying to come over the grief somehow. Can you imagine? At first, I used to think of a hundred ways to get him dismissed from the post  but none of them worked out. Now, when I started loving him, he got dismissed because of me. Life's unfair!

Alex: You're right. Life's like that. But i must say he's really a nice guy. He's your type.

Nila (blushes): Yeah indeed

Alex: Remember? When we were in highschool, we used to call and talk till late at night. You used to say about your dreams and aspirations about your coming soul mate. It was how I got this soulmate fever of yours.

Nila: However, you got your soulmate and he's with you now right?

Alex: Yeah. Credits to you

During third hour

Nila was walking through the corridors when she saw Sooraj along with the new head student Benjamin. They were talking to each other. She went to them

Benjamin: I know you are the rightful owner of this post. I'm sorry for taking your place.

Sooraj: Please dont say sorry. You did nothing wrong. It's you who deserves this post after me.

Benjamin: But I'm inexperienced so I'll be needing your guidance. Please help me.

They both saw her coming.

Benjamin: Oh, hello Miss Joseph.

Sooraj: What are you doing here?

Nila: Going to meet Pr. Amar to get my records signed.

Sooraj: Oh. He used to be my partner during projects and presentation. Indeed he was of great help to me all these days.

Nila: Oh, that's nice.

Sooraj: See, no need to feel guilty or apologize. I need you to concentrate and perform your duties correctly. It's you who should fill my space for these 4 months.