38. The Journey (Part 1)

One day before the college trip..

It was around 9 pm. Nila was packing her suitcase for the college trip with the help of her sisters. She packed all her clothes, lingerie, toiletries and was thinking hard on what was left out.

Nila: Okay, so that's done. Jeans, pullover, jacket, beach skirt, shoes, hoodie, jumpsuit, overall...Reethu can I borrow your high heels? Also I need that new peach frock of yours.

Reethu: Huh, why mine?

Nila: Because it would go great with these outfits. How can I forget my makeup kit also? (Checks everything). Hope I'm not forgetting anything else.

Reethu: Seriously, are you going on a college trip or a date?

Nila: A trip of course! But I wanna wear dashing outfits at different places. Oh gosh I'm so excited! I'm gonna call Riya and ask what else to take.

Reena and Reethu exchanged looks of surprise.

The next day...

The tour buses came by 8 Am in the morning and the students started boarding the buses. Pr. Amar and Pr. Mary was in charge of the student. He and Louis  were  checking and calling out the names of the students.

Nila: Woah, you look fabulous in these  black jeans. I love it.

Riya: It had been lying inside my cupboard for a long time. I hadn't used it for a while. By the way, where are the others?

Alex, Michelle and Judith went towards them with their trekking bags and suitcases.

Alex: Hey Guys!

Nila: Glad you showed up at least today on time.

Alex: How can I miss my college trip? I'm super excited for the same.

Michelle: Me too!

Nila's eyes went to all directions

Nila: What about Sooraj and others?

Riya: I'm trying to contact but he's not responding. God!  I told him to reach by 7:30. Where the hell is he?

Alex: I think your boyfriend must be snoring on top of the closet! (Laughs)

All of them stifled their laughs, leaving Riya mad.

Riya: Hey, you!!

All of a sudden her phone started to vibrate and she took it.

Riya: Where are you!!! You know what time is! Seriously I'm gonna scrooge your eyes out you idiot!

Alex (shocked): That must be hard on him. Poor Avinash.

Judith (laughs): Imagine the situation when they both get married. Ken Weds Annabelle (laughs)

Nila was arranging her luggage as she felt a tap on her left shoulder. She turned around to find Sooraj.

Nila: Glad you came!

Sooraj: Yeah. I didn't want to miss it either.

Nila: That's great. Hope we'll get some wonderful memories. By the way, how did you manage to take leaves.

Sooraj: That was indeed a hectic task. At first he didn't agree. Then I had promised to work extra time for two weeks. Some how I made it.

Riya, Alex, Nila and others assembled near the entrance while Avinash, Sooraj, Morgan, Marshall and George joined them.

Riya: Hope everybody has arrived.

Alex: You forgot someone. Where's Susan?

Judith: She's hasn't arrived yet. I'll call her now.