Murderers

After I got back to the church I went straight to bed, Hestia wanted to know why I was gone for so long but I just told her I got lost.

The following day I left to go to the dungeon today. On my way there though I made sure not to go down the same route as the cafe.

"Hmm...I need to get a better weapon than this,"

I had my own dagger but it was nowhere near as strong a weapon as I needed. I saw some shops that were selling high-grade weapons, unfortunately currently I didn't have the ability to buy them.

"How pitiful, guess I'm going in with just this," I said as I looked at my dagger

I made my way over to the dungeon and went down the first set of stairs, level 1 of the dungeon.

Eina also told me before I left yesterday that I have to confirm with her before I go into each floor. I was only given permission for the first floor so far, but if I think it's necessary I would go deeper

"I know about goblins already...let's try and find some new things to look at," I walked forward and looked around for some new Monsters. I soon found a Kobold.

The monster charged at me and I easily ducked under it then I slit its throat using my poor excuse for a weapon. 

I jumped backward and let the monster die as I went to go look at the body.

I cut open its body and looked around. The Monster core was right in the center of the chest. Its body was similar to that of a human besides the wold head on the body. The same number of bones and same organs as well.

I spent the rest of the day going by and killing Kobolds and Goblins, getting a grip on fighting multiple monsters a once and how to find their weaknesses.

By the end of my hunting, it was already night. I traded in my earnings and got 2,184 vals in total. A decent haul for what the monsters I had were worth.

I walked back again, making sure not to take the main road when I suddenly saw Syr carrying a box.

She seemed to notice me instantly though and walked up to me.

"I was wondering where you went!" 

"Haha..." I let out a forced laugh.

"If you could please do come by the Bar if you can...I'd be happy to give you lunch each day!"

"If you don't mind me asking...why do you care so much for me?"

"W-Well...Um..."

"Syr, let's go," another voice chimed in.

An elf appeared and I made eye contact with her, immediately we both froze, our eyes meeting for what felt like minutes

"...Um, Hello?" Syr said finally breaking the silence between us.

"Yea, sorry for bothering you while working," I said with a slight bow as I left.

"Syr,"

"Yes, Lyu?"

"Stay away from that man,"

"Huh?"

'She has...'

'He has...;

''Without a doubt killed someone,'' we both thought as we walked away

People who have been killed have a unique difference in their eyes, whether it was on purpose or not you bear the sin of killing another person, and because of that, darkness forms inside you that will never go away.

Of course, when it comes to me, killing wasn't something I just did for fun, but it was a necessary thing to do. Hesitating to kill is how you die. When I finally saw how the world was I decided to start by killing replete killers in villages. Another chance is something all people deserve, but if they don't make use of it then what's the point?

In the books, gramps used to show me the Villain was always some crazy person who always connected back to one of the original sins, Pride, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Sloth, Envy, and Lust. Most of the time though it didn't include Gluttony or Sloth. When I read those books though, it wasn't as if the villain was some crazy person, he had an idea, just the wrong execution.

For example in this one fairy tale, the villain captures the girl and holds her in a castle, but the question is why did he? If he wanted her body then he could have easily done it but he didn't. He just kept her there with a dragon to guard the castle. No matter how many times I read it I couldn't find it, so I asked gramps.

"Gramps, why doesn't the villain ever win?"

 "Haha! Bell, that's because good always wins, malicious intent toward another human without just cause is not right, but a hero sees everyone equally. A hero will win because of that, he has allies but the villain has subordinates.

'That's...dumb,' I thought

I went back to read the book again after that, and then I found it. At the beginning of the book, it was mentioned that the year was 9,000 years before the gods descended. I grabbed another book and realized that a deadly disease went through the towns during that time, the main cause was rats and other people of course but the symptoms included lightheadedness and nausea. When you felt those it would normally be too late.

I quickly skimmed through the book, and I found it. In the beginning, when the girl was captured it seemed like the villain poisoned her but when you see it from another angle the killer was just watching her, and she suddenly felt like she couldn't walk. The villain then grabbed her and brought her to the castle, and from there started to cure her slowly, out of what were most likely feelings for the girl.

The hero though came in and killed the villain and the girl jumped into his arms with a bright smile and no sign of sickness.

"What...kind of bullshit..."

From there I saw a new side of things, villains were heroes but once they died they became known as villains. However, if it is one thing I can't stand, it's villains without intent. Killing because it's fun or making someone's life harder because you can. 

I will prove that as a villain I will be better than those people that others call heroes.

Snapping back out of my memory I realized I was back at the church. I walked downstairs and Hestia was already asleep.

I sat on the couch to organize my plan of action. 

First thing is first, find the hero's from there on crush them. Although that would indeed take quite a bit of time, considering my stats...I would get wiped. But needless to say, I have eyes that can see greater than any god.

"...Tomorrow I'll start the investigation," I said quietly as I went to sleep on the couch