New Members

Hestia and I left the mansion leaving a crying Apollo behind.

"Bell, do you need me to come with you?"

"You can after you inform the guild. The more people that know the batter,"

She seemed a little bummed but agreed.

I then proceeded to walk to the Hephaestus familia home.

(Welf POV)

"Crazy bastard...Why did I sign a contract with him,"

I hammered down on the piece of steel as a loud metallic sound came out. Recently from the trip to the 18th floor, I got the smithing skill, Blacksmith, and while I am happy I got it...If I had to go through that again then it may be debatable.

I continued hammering when a large explosion suddenly happened. I left my shop and saw smoke rising from a place fairly far away.

I asked around and finally found out it was at Hestia's familia base.

"Damn it..."

I ran over to try and help. Then I could say my helping was making it up for him getting me the skill but when I arrived bodies were all over the place, Lily was with the guild talking to them.

"Lily! What happened?"

"Oh, Welf. Apollo has declared a war game against Hestia. What are you doing here though? I thought you were done with us?"

"Well...Even if you guys are completely insane I still want to repay you all for getting me the blacksmith skill,"

A smile came to her face "If you'd like to pay us back, then there's something you can do..."

(Bell POV)

I entered the base and got permission to go to her personal room. I knocked as I entered.

"Excuse me Lady Hephaestus,"

"Oh, Hestia's kid. What do you need?"

"I'll keep it brief, I would like Welf Crozzo to transfer to my familia,"

"Is it for the war game?"

"Yes,"

"..."

She sat there thinking, I then suddenly spoke up.

"Also I would like to put what Welf would like first. He can reach his dream much faster by joining us as well,"

"...You're that confident?"

"Of course, when we win Welf will be known as the blacksmith who made the weapons for us, his popularity would skyrocket,"

"While yes that would be faster I still believe that having smiths work under the same conditions means how hard you work will equal where you stand,"

"...You're kidding right?"

"What?" She seemed perplexed.

"Do you not really see how flawed your system is? Being a popular familia your popular smiths get what they want, but people on the lower end don't have that chance. They can produce work just as good if not better but be ignored because their comrade's reputation is so much better to the point no one bothers looking at the no-names,"

She stared at me with one eye.

"You're killing these plants. You're planting seeds underneath a tree where it's not getting sunlight. It doesn't matter how much material they get if no one buys it,"

"Then what would you do to help this situation?"

"Simple, not bite off more than you can chew. Don't invite as many people as you do into your familia, that way there will be more chances for growth,"