Captured

For the next 2 days, I was holed up in my lab. I left for food and to take a quick bath but other than that I was constantly trying to understand new potions.

What I was trying to make right now was a weakening potion. To put it simply it would make your muscles relax but not affect your fatigue. That last part is the hardest since basic weakening potions already exist but I need one stronger without backlash.

I also created some strong poisons, as a result of failed experiments.

"Bell?" Someone opened the door as I was looking over my research trying to figure out a new idea to try.

"What's up, Lily?"

"Here," She handed me a paper. "It's from a popular merchant company for completing a quest. I'm sure you already realize but-"

"Yea I know. 1 million Vali for some quartz my ass,"

"I assume we're still going anyway right?"

"Yup, let me prepare something though,"

This was what I was waiting for, the Ishtar familia's move. While it was normal for companies to pay a high amount for first-time customers 1 million for quartz was just outrageous. 

I grabbed a hairpin, a poison I had made which was condensed into a round marble ball. Lastly, I grabbed my two knives along with armor and headed left the room.

"Lily, I know you can act so I don't worry about you but don't tell anyone. Ishtars familia will likely get suspicious if Welf or Mikoto say something they're not supposed to,"

"Understood, but Bell the one we have to worry about isn't them..."

"I know, Hestia will likely do something crazy after this, that's why you gotta be her babysitter alright?"

"I appreciate the fact that you believe I have the skill to control her but..."

"It'll be fine, just agree. Also, I have a letter for you to read in my lab. Only you read it since I'm positive you're the only one who can do it,"

"Very well. Since the chances are low that I'll be captured I'll be sent on a mission?"

I flashed a small smirk "Well, read it and you should find out what I want,"

After we met up with everyone we all went out into the dungeon to get some quartz. I couldn't feel their gaze but knowing that they were watching was eerie enough

We walked around a little easily disposing of any of the monsters on the 13th floor when we finally noticed quartz.

"Nice! Alright keep watch, I'll mine," Welf said as he held out his hand for the pickaxe.

Then out of nowhere, a person in a hood slammed her fist right into my face, sending me flying.

"Bell!" Lily called out as she acted surprised.

Welf and Mikoto got into position but they were overwhelmed with the numbers to help currently, Lily can't fight so they had just one holding her down.

"Wow, you seem a little faster since last time, new shoes?" I asked with a smile as I wipe the blood off my face.

"Oh? You could tell?" Aisha said with a smirk

"When a punch has that much hatred behind it it would have to be someone I've met right?"

"True, don't think I'm going to be playing nice today though,"

Strictly speaking in a fight with Aisha maybe I could win but I also knew that Toad would be here no matter what. And just like that, I heard footsteps behind me.