Keeping Rakia in Check

Tonight I was finally celebrating. It was the day after I got my nickname and I was pretty happy with it, but the fact that Freya pushed for a cool name confirmed something, and that was that she wanted me either in her familia or to work with her.

I took a sip of my drink and looked over to Hestia, Lily, and Welf who joined Ryu and Syr for the celebration. 

"Congrats Bell! I've never heard of someone leveling up so fast!" Syr said happily

"Thanks,"

Welf knew better than to expose my real self, and since he saw me in action I seemed to have gained his support for right now.

Lily also told me about the Crozzo family name, which comes from a cursed line of blacksmiths who used to be able to make magic swords easily, however, once they got too far into their greed the powers they had were taken away.

They originated in Rakia which I was also going to have to deal with sooner or later. I planned to get a head start on this though since I didn't want people from the outside to interfere with what I was doing.

"Bell, why do ya always look so serious? Loosen up a bit!" Welf said as he chugged his drink.

I was honestly surprised. I hadn't expected him to react this way but it's not like he's actually seen me do anything, he just knows that I am a cold person

We were a few hours into our drinks when a group of people came up to us.

"Well, well! If it isn't The Prodigy," 

I glanced over at the man and then ignored him. People like him were better off dead but I wouldn't break my two-strikes rule just cause of that.

"If you'd like you can team up with-"

"Shut it. I don't plan on giving you any of the girls, not that their mine anyway but I would also never team up with someone who is so braindead that you can't tell the difference between them and a pig,"

A tick mark appeared on his head as everyone looked shocked except 2 people. Lily, and Ryu. They were smart so they also realized what they wanted, but it wasn't hard to figure out when their eyes reeked of lust and desire.

"Listen here!" He grabbed my shirt and I just looked him in the eyes as I reached for the fork behind me.

Before I could though Ryu kicked the man in the chest and swiftly knocked out everyone else before I could do anything.

I stopped reaching for the fork and sat back down as Ryu, Syr, and a few other waitresses carried them outside.

When they came back in I apologized "Sorry about that," I said without looking at any of them. I just kept eating my food.

They all waved it off and said "No thank you for standing up for us," and whatnot but it was meant for Ryu and she knew it as well. Lily seemed to as well since she didn't respond either.

"I don't plan on working late to clean up stains," was all Ryu said in return.

Other than that the rest of the night went smoothly and we checked out for the night. Lily crashed at our place and I ended up sleeping on the bed with Hestia next to me and Lily sleeping on the couch.

Once both were asleep, I looked up at the ceiling. I don't know why but I started thinking of Gramps for some reason. I'm sure that if he saw what I was like now he would be furious, as a matter of fact, I bet if he knew everything that I had done even when he was alive...He would hate me. 

I got out of bed, grabbed my hood, and headed out. It was roughly 3 AM but I couldn't sleep so I wanted to do something while I could. Normally I would use Lily and her Magic Cinderella to transform herself but I didn't NEED to use her, it would be useful but I could still do it. 

I knocked on the door of the Soma familia, and a very drunk man opened it.

"W--W...What do ya want!"

"I'm coming in," 

I pushed him a little and he fell over. The place reeked of alcohol. I made my way all the way up to the god's room without a single sober guard to stop me.

I knocked and entered. Soma was there, brewing his wine. He didn't bother to look at me.

"Lord Soma?"

"..."

"I was wondering if you could give me permission to do some marketing with the wine, of course, profits will be made but I just need you to give your approval,"

"...You're not a part of my familia,"

"True but it seems everyone else is too busy getting drunk to actually make good money,"

"..."

"Their pathetic, and it is for the most part your fault,"

"..."

"You think giving your wine is a way of saying thanks? Maybe to gods but here it's a cancer to society,"

he then faced me "...If you are only here to scold me then leave,"

"Whose going to make me? Your followers who are all too drunk to move?"

"..."

"I just need your permission and some way to show everyone else that you've given permission,"

"...Are you 100% sure it can make a profit?"

"Absolutely,"

Serpent tongue really helped in situations like these. My first time lying to a god about an important matter.

"Take the badge up there. Do what you want," he then went back to his wine.

I took the badge and was going to open the door when someone else opened it first. It was a man with glasses and gray hair.

"Who're you?" He asked in a disgusted voice.

I then left without saying anything. Making sure he didn't see my face from the hood.

That man was most likely asking Soma what it was about but it didn't matter. What mattered now what that I had authority.

I went downstairs and wrote a few papers signaling the shipment of TONS of 100% Soma wine to Rakia. Making sure to use the black market as the source of distribution.

I sent the papers through to the working class "Slaves" Of the familia and they got to work right away on getting them ready and going. I wrote to sell the wine at 100 vals. VERY cheap.

By the time morning rolled around my work was done, and by the time the gray hair man actually noticed what was happening, he wouldn't do anything. Why? because even though the wine is being sold at such a low cost it'll be sold so much that he won't stop sending it there. Then he'll increase the price to double what it is here and start making money. However, at that point, everyone will be so hooked on the wine that it will still sell right away. Then increase it more, and more. And then, just like that, you take over the economy of a country.