Partner

"To think I would be working with you..." I muttered as I looked at the god to my right. 

"Haha! Working together for a common goal is simple right?"

It was Hermes, together we were on the 18th floor waiting. We found out from Ikelos that their base was somewhere around here and we had to find out where.

Hermes was able to sneak in again and we shouldn't get in trouble as long as nothing bad happens, such as him releasing his divine energy.

"Where to start..." Hermes muttered as he looked around.

We were sitting on top of a cliff looking around.

"Well, I guess if someone would have a hidden base it would be somewhere further away. But there's too much forest down here to deduce where," I responded

"We got to start somewhere though, I suggest around the walls first and if we don't find anything there we move inwards,"

"Something I would like to point out though is the fact that The Xenos are relocating today, and based off of Ikelos familia's past movements they tend to figure out when they are moving, so there's a chance it could be today. We should start looking on the walls though,"

Hermes readjusted his hat "Well, the reason why the Xenos are easy to predict is that then the adventurers who do know of them can keep out of their way. After all, I'm sure you've seen it too right? Some Xenos aren't per se friendly,"

"You met them?"

"Not in person but through Fels magic item,"

"I see...I guess that makes sense,"

They could make it fully randomized but then the chance of information leaking would be higher since they would have to keep telling the people who knew when they were moving, so having it be a set schedule made it harder for people to find out but made it easier for people who did know of the schedule.

'There's also the chance that Ais meets them today as well...'

If Ais met the Ikelos familia then everything worked out even better for me, to show her how bad people can be.

"Well, let's get searching Bell!"

We then started to search for hours on end, we got here at 10 AM a little after most adventurers went in, and looked around the edge until it was 2:30.

"Few, working up a little bit of sweat yet Bell?" Hermes asked

He had a light coat of sweat from searching for 4 and 1/2 hours but I was fine. 

"Wanna grab a bite to eat?" I asked him

"Sounds good!"

We went to the town and bought some overpriced sandwiches which tasted alright, still better than Freya's food though.

We sat down on the cliff where we could oversee everything.

I didn't mention it but one of the hopes Hermes and I had was shot down, it looked like Dix wasn't entering through this way today.

I took a bite and just then I saw someone running out of the giant tree that led to the 19th floor.

"Hermes,"

He smiled "I see him,"

I set down my sandwich as Hermes indicated a glare at him that should alert his senses.

(Dix POV)

'FUCK, FUCK!'

To think that The Sword Princess would appear right then...And the fact that she knew about us...

Just then I sensed a feeling on my whole body.

'Shit! Was that planned?!'

I quickly changed direction and ran to the left of where I was running, which led to an empty forest.

"Come out," I said as I looked around, when I did I saw a boy with black hair and red eyes squatting on a tree branch with a plane stoic expression on his face, but his eyes...They looked like mine in a sense, the eyes of someone slowly losing themselves.

(Bell POV)

I chased after Dix and Hermes went in the direction he was initially running, once he called out to me I squatted on a tree branch and looked down at him,

"Did you plan that little prank with Mrs. Sword Pirncess?" He asked angrily

"The plan was for Ais to meet the monsters not to save them yet...But thanks to you I had a stroke of good fortune,"

"I also thought you didn't know about this shit,"

"Oh? Ikelos revealed it to me when he asked me if I knew any talking monsters, from then I talked with Hermes later about it,"

"Useless fucking god," he muttered "Well, what are you gonna do now?"

"Nothing, but I would like to give a proposal to you,"

"Huh?!"

"I want you to release the monsters you have locked up in your base to the surface,"

"...You're fucking insane,"

"Do it,"

"I think you're forgetting something Mr. Prodigy," He then took out his spear "I'm a level 5,"

"Of course, I'm not asking you to do it for free, do it and I'll tell you where the main force of the Xenos is located. All you have to do is release the ones you have locked up, or even if you don't want to use those since you're selling them then somehow manage to get the ones down here on the surface,"

"If I use the one's down here then what would I get from it? Plus you would have to tell me where they are now,"

"If you use the one's already down here...I'll tell you where the black minotaur is,"

His eyes widened at that. From what I knew the Black Minotaur only met with the Xenos once, since then he's been impossible to find. Of course, I had no idea where he was but this would be good bait.

"And your proof?"

"My proof is that fact that I know where the Xenos are going, they're chipped after all,"

Using the power of bullshit and serpent tongue he bites. The schedule only set the days when they would leave, not the times or the place.

"Alright, you're on you crazy bastard," He says with a smile.

He then left without running, likely to show that he didn't fear me at all.

'Well, that went well,' I thought as I stood up on the branch

When I had first told Lido about going to the surface I told him it would be risky. I had planned to just sneak them out but If I use Dix then I can get a whole entire play to go with my directing. 

Of course, I don't plan on anyone dying, the move is simple, go to the surface then go right back down. Enough to see sunlight and show people that they exist. 

That is if my plan actually goes according to plan this time.

(Hermes POV)

"Hmmm, Hmmm,"

I was humming as I was searching across the wall where Dix was running to before he changed direction.

I then noticed quartz, nothing unusual about it but all the other crystals here were only for light since this was a safe zone, and having basically infinite quartz was strange not to those money grabbers at Riveria fighting tooth and nail over it.

I kicked it off with my steel-toe boots and under it, there was a hole that seemed only big enough for an eye.

I pressed my eye against it and nothing happened.

'Well, after Bell tries whatever he's scheming hopefully he can get Dix over here to open this thing,'

It was no secret the fact that Bell doesn't like me, there was no way he wouldn't use this chance as an opportunity to get one over against me. It likely has to do with the Xenos becoming public knowledge but only time will tell.