Duel

"Hahahahaha! So that's what happened huh?" 

Hermes, laughing said this after we told him how we ended up down here. Although it was obvious he was only doing so to try and lighten the mood between the Takemikazuchi and our familia.

We didn't even have to tell Welf what to do since he was already pissed enough at them and Lily knew what I wanted so she was doing fine. 

I then spoke up "So, Let me ask you this then...Are you sorry?"

"YES! OF COURSE-" Mikoto was about to say when the leader cut her off.

"I would do it again. I deemed it was the right choice and I acted on it. I'm not asking for you to forgive what we did, but at least understand it,"

"HUH!" Welf was about to get rolled up but I kept him down.

"...Let me ask you this then. What can you do to make it up to us?"

"..."

None of them could say anything. Ais was just in the back watching and Hestia was also surprisingly firm. 

"...Well, what would you like?" The man asked

"I want...a favor. I think that's reasonable no? That way not only we can become closer but we can hopefully get passed this," 

They all seemed all right with this considering I could have asked for more. The man smiled along with the rest "Deal,"

He reached out his hand and I took it.

I was curious where Ryu went but I would go check on her tomorrow. according to what I heard the Loki Familia was going back up once the poison got cured in their teammates so we would be leaving in 2 days. 

As everyone headed back to the campground only a few people were left. Me, Hermes, Hestia, and Ais.

"Do you guys mind if you go ahead of us? I have something I'd like to talk with Ais about," I asked

"Hoho, Go pick up those girls Bell," Hermes said with a smirk as Hestia complained about that as she followed.

I then turned to Ais.

"Ais..."

"If It's about the kissing deal I won't do it,"

"Idiot. Is the only thing you can think about when you see me kissing? Well, anyway what I want to talk about is...Have a spar with me. Hand to hand preferably,"

"...Very well,"

"Also, I know I asked but please go easy on me," I said with a smile

She nodded.

We backed up, the dark area encased us as we stared each other down until she finally made a move.

She ran right up to me and tried to end it with a palm to the chin. Since she lowered her speed I was at least able to keep up. I quickly deflected and went for an uppercut with my other arm. 

She leaped backward and flipped her feet backward to try and do an uppercut with her feet.

I leaned back as we both charged in again. As I went for another punch I heard a cracking sound in my arm, as did Ais.

"..."

"..."

"...Did your arm break?"

"Yes, I think it did,"

"Then we are done," She started walking away.

"Hold on," I said as I grabbed her with my other arm. "I'm not finished quite yet,"

"Your arm is broken and the other one is still healing. It was foolish of me to accept in the first place,"

I then tried to kick her in the head from behind but she disappeared before I hit her, and before I knew it I was on the ground.

(Ais POV)

"..." I didn't really know what to think. I accidentally used a little too much strength and accidentally knocked him out. I just wanted to give him a light tap from behind but it seems I'm not too good at holding back.

However, something unimaginable happened next. He stood up, although a little wobbly. I had just hit him with most likely around a level 4's strength. The fact that he got up was insane.

"Ais...I won't fight anymore but let me ask you something,"

"Yes?"

"...When a rabbit is caught in its prey what do you think it does?"

That was a strange question "It would run away,"

I saw a look of disappointment on his face, I seemed to catch a glimpse of burning red eyes that ran deep as blood.

"You're boring. I asked around earlier and only you got the question wrong. You are only average,"

He then left, leaving me to think. 'What does a rabbit do when it's stuck in its prey?'... It would run away, right? That would be natural instinct and it would be what anyone else does...Is it because I gave the right answer that he considers me boring?

Questions swarmed me for some reason. I didn't know why I cared but I felt like I had to understand what he meant.

(Bell POV)

'Lies, Lies, and Lies,'

I walked back to the camp holding my arm. If I didn't do anything extra with it tomorrow it should be healed so I'll be fine. The question that I asked Ais was one someone would normally answer the same. I lied when I said I asked the others but now that I showed her disappointment she'll try and figure it out.

Humans are a little weird. When you show disappointment at first the first instinct is to try and do better the second time. However, using this too many times and the urge to do better turns into anger against the said person. 

The answer to the question though was simple, I bet if Bete were here he would understand. When a rabbit is caught, it freezes. It gets scared and lets the prey kill it even if it had a chance to run. The reason it is that way is one simple reason. Fear.

When you're scared you freeze at first. Then you make a decision. For a rabbit, who is trapped by a bear, do you think running is the right option? Maybe to try and fight back and resist everything it has? No, the rabbit with always freeze and let it's self be eaten. Regardless of openings or chances

After all, when you fear something that in itself is a weakness.

(Next day)

I woke up the next day and all of us were heading into the city located down here. The shops were crazy expensive but Lily has some impressive bargaining skills and was able to get some good deals.

"Bell! Do you like this?" Hestia ran over to me with a perfume

"...Don't buy it. That cost a lot of money,"

"Huuuu..." She dropped her head.

That was when I saw someone I recognized. I didn't know his name but I knew I was going to stab his eyes when Ryu stopped me. It was the guy at the bar. He seemed to recognize me as well, since when he saw me an expression of anger came across his face.

"Actually Hestia," I said as she was about to put the perfume back, "I think it does smell really good though. So I think you should buy it,"

Her face lit up with joy as she bought the perfume

'A few countermeasures won't hurt,'