Falling apart

"WELF!"

"ALREADY ON IT!"

Lily called out to Welf as he cut through a monster, we were currently on the 14th floor making our way down. The goal for today was to reach the 18th floor. Haruhime was also joining us in the party to get experience.

As that happened I cut through three monsters myself then moved to the 5 more coming at us.

"HEY BELL!"

Mikoto called out as I charged in but I didn't stop.

'Stronger...'

I cut through one with an upwards cut then kicked another in the stomach.

'Faster...'

I dodged the other two by ducking then stabbed the both in the neck with each of my two blades.

'Smarter...'

I then let shadow spikes crush the last one.

"Bell, I understand you're stronger than us but please don't charge in recklessly," Mikoto said

'This isn't helping me get stronger...We need to go deeper,'

Completely ignoring Mikoto's words I continued walking forward with the rest of them behind me.

(Mikoto POV)

Bell walked ahead of us while the four of us followed. We were far enough back that if we were quiet he hopefully shouldn't be able to hear us, not to mention it doesn't even feel like he could anyway.

"Doesn't Bell seem different?... I know I just met him but still..." Haruhime voiced her worries.

"Actually I feel the same way," Lily added "But it's Bell, knowing him he most likely just wants to get stronger faster to do what he wants to do,"

"This may be a bit late, but what does he want to do?" I asked

"...That I don't know,"

Bell was a person of mystery. They say he's just trying to get stronger but I feel like he's becoming more distant. It's been a week since the fall of Ishtar but he hasn't smiled once. Even after getting his new status.

(Bell POV 1 week ago)

"Here ya go Bell!" Hestia handed me my level up and I read over it.

Bell Cranel: Level 3

Strength: B-710

Agility: A-811

Endurance: A-841

Dexterity: C-699

Magic: C-630

"Looks like you had a big leap again in stats!"

'I didn't level up,'

Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough.

Should I have tried fighting more people at the pleasure district? No, no use thinking about the past right now.

"Hestia, we're gonna go on a dungeon trip right now,"

"Oh...About that,"

She then told me that everyone was busy except Lily.

'Damn...Even I'm not reckless enough to go completely alone,'

(Bell POV present)

Once we were done with the trip it was night and when we came out I realized someone was surrounded, I couldn't see who though.