Party

The days trickled onwards, and my group just constantly did the same regimen over and over again. Soon, people realized that if you worked in a group you wouldn't get through, and everyone went solo.

The lead performer on my team was Daphne, she currently was doing her suicides to the 30th-floor solo. She had also leveled up once making her now a level 6. I allowed everyone to go see their goddess or god after 3 days so they could actually get better stats.

Ais came back one time and demanded her wallet back, but the serpent's tongue was able to easily misguide her into thinking I hadn't taken it. 

Then, just as if it were a blink of an eye, the month was up. Our training season was now over. 

I had told everyone that for the final day, everyone was to report to the town square by 5 PM sharp for the last words of training. And by 5 PM, everyone had shown up. Not one person had died in the dungeon.

"Well, I must say, I'm impressed. For not a single person to die, I celebrate your efforts, as well as all your efforts of collectively cheating against me." I said while clapping.

This statement made everyone go pale.

"I mean, not one death? It's obvious that you were all secretly protecting each other down there, but split up when the other one was saved. If you were to actually work together, then you did a good job of getting under my nose, but I don't think a single person did in the end."

"C-Can you really blame us for that though?" Asked a human I had seen exactly one month ago. I think he was the first one I sent back "Death is everywhere there, if we didn't have each other to rely on...I think we all would have died save a select few."

"Exactly!" I said while pointing at him "Without one another, this whole squad will fall apart. You need to learn how to act independently, but also as a group. Secretly covering for each other is also what you will be doing on the main stage, so you all did well. No, amazing. I seriously am impressed."

"..." No one said anything afterward, everyone just waited for me.

"Well, go drink up for tonight. Make sure you get some rest though as well. We're leaving tomorrow at noon. We have healers who will cure anyone's hangovers as well, so don't hold back."

Everyone slowly dispersed, except one person. Daphne.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked

"Well...No one else will explicitly say it since you are a terrorist, but...Thanks. In anyone's eyes, this squad had by far the most effective way of leveling up and gaining exp. Even people in the other squads agree with that. Most people here leveled up once, and that's huge. So thank you."

"You know you would have died if you followed what I said though, right?"

"Yes, but because you said what you said, and that we couldn't work in teams and pass, we learned how to work well together while working independently, it is just as you said."

"No worries. Cassandra's going too right? Make sure she doesn't pee her pants."

She smiled "I will."

After she left, I decided I would go out with her for a drink with my familia members as well. Everyone came along, and Orario was lit up for the whole night. Family members, loved ones, friends, this may be the last time we see some of them.

"Whaa! Hits the spot after that training!" Welf yelled as he downed his drink. 

Orario had decided that everyone going on the expedition tomorrow would be able to eat and drink free. Naturally, there were many who went to drink because it could be their last night, and this only pumped those numbers up.

"You guys think you're going to be ok?" I asked everyone.

Everyone except Hestia would be going on the expedition, so I wanted to know that they were feeling good enough in their own ability.

"If I didn't feel confident after that...Tsubaki may very well kill me." Welf said dejectedly 

"Same here. Haruhime and I had it rough with her as well." Lily chimed in

She and Haruhime were only level 3, but as supporters, they had massive roles.

"I also feel good as well. Ryu is a good teacher."

Then, almost as if she were summoned, Ryu appeared right behind her in her waitress outfit.

"I recall you screaming about how unfair it was. Did you not?"

"Ha...Haha, I was just joking."

"You're working tonight?" I asked, stopping their conversation

"Yes, I don't drink that often."

I smiled, it brought me back to a day long ago. And as if she suddenly remembered it too, she gave a light smile as well.

"Well, I gotta see the other tables-"

"Hold up. Let's get a drink, just me and you."

I grabbed her wrist as she turned to leave. Hestia was visibly upset about me asking out a girl right in front of her, but she held her ground thanks to Mikoto and Welf keeping her back.

"... one drink can't be so bad. Let's make it quick though."

.

.

.

"I'm gonna throw up...BLARGH!"

I rubbed Lyu's back as we were outside the Benevolent Mistress. It was nearly 3 AM currently, and me and her had been drinking the whole time. To be honest, it was a miracle I could walk right now.

"Hey now, let it all out."

"BLARGH!"

Even with her super high tolerance, I guess she drank way too much tonight.

As she kept going, I noticed familiar golden hair leaving the bar right across from where we were. 

"Oh, hey Hero!" I screamed in a dramatic voice.

Ais turned to me, her cheeks a light pink.

"I-I-I'm not drunk."

"Wow, I didn't know you could do that!"

"BLARGH!" 

As Ais and I had a conversation with words that didn't exist, and Lyu kept throwing up, it felt as though the day of the departure was far, far away. Yet, it was this exact day that we were leaving.

After Ais left saying she was going to buy a pet water bottle, she proceeded to pass out right in front of me.

I picked her up with one arm, and in my other carried Lyu back to our house and led them into their separate rooms.

Afterward, I nearly crashed into my own as I nearly fell asleep right away. That was when the door was open. Hestia was there.

"...Don't worry about it," I said, it was clear she wanted to sleep in here with me, and I wouldn't stop her.

However, just as she jumped into bed, I noticed Ais staggering right behind her like a zombie, she then suddenly flicked her head into this room and saw the two of us in the same bed.

"I don't know why...But I don't like this."

She then walked in and landed on top of both of us, and she fell back asleep instantly. 

I suddenly realized what was going to happen next if I didn't act quick enough, I ran to the door and slammed it shut in hopes of actually getting some sleep. But I was too late.

"You forgot about my new skill didn't you-...' the ability to go undetected by senses. Hidden sense!"

Lyu had managed already to sneak in, but it was too late. Sleeping in the same bed as 3 different girls would be impossible for sleep. Not that I would be too nervous, but the space was far too small. It also seemed like she was about to throw up again, but caught herself right before she did.

Nonetheless, though, we all snuggled up as we made room somehow, and I had managed to finally drift to sleep.