Bad Cop

After I took the knife from Ryu I headed back home. If I'm going, to be honest, I did not expect Lily to move so quickly. If it came down to me not going there though, I could have just ensured her hands didn't get near the knife.

I headed home and Goddess still wasn't there yet.

The next day rolled around and I went to our usual spot and Lily wasn't there. I guess it would make sense though.

I quickly walked around a little bit and saw her sitting on the side with a sad face.

"hey, Lily! I was wondering where you went!"

Her face looked surprised, but it quickly turned to shame "Ah, Mr. Bell. If you want to be mad at Lily go ahead," She hung her head downwards.

"What are you talking about?"

"Hmm?"

Lily looked confused as I pretended not to know what she was talking about.

"Haven't you realized? You knife...I-"

"Oh, yea as it turns out I dropped it. I came running back to the dungeon and luckily found it right outside the entrance,"

Lily looked confused. She seemed to be asking herself if Ryu had covered for her.

Suddenly she turned to a smile "Oh, well then never mind than Mr. Bell. It turns out that I was just overthinking some things...So shall we head to the dungeon again today?"

At this point, I was a little surprised. She was worse than I thought. She seemed to feel guilty but tried her best to suppress it.

As we headed into the dungeon I asked her a question "Hey, Lily. What Familia are you from?"

"...Lily prefers not to talk about it,"

"I would feel a lot better to know who you're with though..."

"...Soma,"

"What?"

"Lily is from the Soma Familia,"

The Soma familia...All I know about them is that they sell wine and they have a bad rep.

"Ah,"

We went hunting in silence after that, only speaking when giving callouts.

"Good work today Lily,"

"Thank you, Mr. Bell," She said with a bow

We then went our separate ways and I decided to stop by the Benevolent Mistress again.

"Oh! Hi, bell!" Syr said as she handed a customer their drink.

I waved hello and took a seat at my usual spot at the bar. Ryu was once again working here.

"What can I get you?"

"Your recommendation," 

She seemed annoyed that I kept on asking for that but she just gave me the drink that was easiest to make. Didn't taste that bad either.

That was when I noticed a book left on the counter next to my seat.

"What's this?"

"Hmmm..." Syr cut in "I think a customer may have left it here. It's been here since yesterday,"

I looked at the book and I figured that it was a grimoire. Ryu also seemed to notice it but didn't say anything.

"You can have it if you want Bell, If the owner wanted it back I'm sure they would have already come back," Syr said

"Thank you!" 

I quickly finished up and came back home. Goddess was already sleeping but I opened it and read what it said. It first explained what magic was then asked.

Reverse Heroजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें