Back Home

(Bell POV)

I woke up the next morning with all my memories finally intact. It gave me quite a headache, but thankfully it was bearable.

This was going to be awkward though, I had to go see Hestia and all the others again.

Right before I got out of bed though, the door opened. I expected to see Hestia or Lily, but who I saw defied my expectations.

"Bell..." She started, her voice had a slight tremble "Why are you hurting all of my family?"

It was Ais, her face still stoic, but it was slightly breaking.

"Was Bete taken as a hostage by Freya?" I asked, double-checking my information

She nodded, keeping her eyes locked on me.

"I do it because I want to,"

Her stoic expression broke for a moment, showing clear despair on her face, before she collected herself.

"I-I know that's not true, I know you're a good person at heart,"

"Ais," I said in a clear voice "I am evil. Me being a good person is you perceiving me how I want you to. It'll make things easier on you in the future if you remember that rather than seeing me as a saint,"

Her eyes widened, and I walked passed her into the hallway.

Was my way the morale way of doing things? Of course not. This was the route of despair, and Ais was the key figure in overcoming the barrier set by me. In the end, she'll have to save everyone from me, then, and only then, will everyone be able to fight the beast known as the one-eyed black dragon.

I will bring more despair to them all than what the dragon will bring to them. That is my own way of doing things.

"Bell..." She said as I gained a good distance from her, I turned around to face her but she kept her face facing away from mine "If...If you do this again, I'll take you down,"

"If you can say it while looking me in the eyes then I'll keep it in mind,"

I headed down to the living room, where the whole familia was. Obviously, I had a lot of explaining to do.

"So, Bell," Welf was the first to start, sitting on the couch "Care to explain why you played dead?"

"My ghost routine is already up, so no point in hiding it anymore. I wanted to defeat all the powerful familia's by myself. Which I'm still doing,"

"And you had to do this in the shadow's why?" Mikoto asked

"Because, isn't an unknown force scarier than a known one?"

Then Lily came into the conversation "Never mind your reasons for right now, but, right now, can you promise you will stay a member of the Hestia familia and not leave again? You hurt Hestia pretty bad you know,"

Hestia was here too, but while she looked like she wanted to talk to me she also seemed scared too. Like I might run away again if she chose the wrong words.

"If you're worried about whether or not we would get involved with your problems...Then we'll help you," Hestia said "We all talked it over when the news of the Loki familia was coming in. Even if we are the bad guys for right now...We'll choose to stick with you,"

"That's pretty nice words for someone who left his whole familia behind,"

"It's true, Bell," Haruhime said "We all believe you have some greater idea going on for the better, so would like to help out,"

"...Are you serious?" I asked this not to say 'Ok, then you can join me,' but rather 'Are you all stupid?' 

"..." No one said anything, but their looks spoke enough.

"Once you can figure out what I'm doing then I'll let you help. If you guys want to help someone who is committing crimes for no other reason than 'I trust him,' then maybe I'm not the crazy one here. Don't be afraid to guess though, I'll be staying here regardless unless you want me out. Shoot your guesses if you have any,"

Everyone looked at Lily, the smartest in the group other than me.

"...I don't know. I could just guess, but you actually want reasoning as well correct?"

I nodded

"Then, at least what I can say for certain, is that you will kill nobody. That much is evident from how no one has died so far, as well as the fact that you were more sympathetic towards people when we last spoke in the dungeon,"

"But can you confirm that I have good intentions?"

"...No,"

I then turned my gaze to Hestia "I know it's been a while, but would you mind updating me?"

It was fairly heartless for me to be the one asking, but I was long overdue for an update. At the hospital, I only knew I got a new magic, I have no idea about my stats.

"Of course not!" Hestia said happily, like a child who had finally got back her favorite toy

.

.

.

I stared at the piece of paper handed to me, and then a thin smile came to me.

Bell Cranel: Level 5

Strength I-0

Agility I-0

Endurance I-0

Dextrerity I-0

Magic I-0

Of course, I also had my skills and magic as well. Nothing had changed there.

"Level five, nicely done!"

"...I didn't fight anyone though, so why did I level up?"

Judging by her reaction, I had not hit level 5 when in the hospital, and I hadn't even gone into the dungeon at all since then.

"Well, normally you level up when you do things that can impress many gods, so perhaps dealing with Freya, and managing to take down some of the Loki familia members caused it. It normally happens in the dungeon though since that's when it is most likely to happen,"

"I see," I responded as I got up "However Hestia, those guys aren't out of the count just yet,"

Just then, the guild released a prum and two amazons, all fuming with anger, with only two showing it on their faces.

A werewolf was kept by the top dogs of the Freya familia, throwing insults whenever he got the chance.

And a girl with golden hair wavered between Love and Loyalty.

(Hermes POV)

I sat on a building, completely invisible. I was still hiding out, waiting to make my moves. I had a blue Slurpee next to me that I would occasionally drink. No one would see me all the way up here so I didn't have to worry about being super careful.

Sadly, it seemed Bell couldn't fight me as a ghost like he had wanted, but I planned on dragging him into the light anyway.

"Asfi," I called out

"Yes, Lord Hermes?"

I placed my eyes on her.

"Do it on Elegia. Let's get involved then,"

She harbored a face of uncertainty.

"If you're worrying if it's unethical...Well, you're kinda right. But remember, this is all to defeat that damned dragon. After that, everything can be settled,"

"...Sigh, I will do as you say. However, please do some of your own paperwork in return,"

Although we were both invisible, using Hades Head, I stuck out my tongue anyway "No way,"

"I'm going to take that as a yes,"

She then left with a gust of wind letting me know she left. I assume she had some preparations to take care of since only 3 days remained until Elegia. I continued to sit there, as my gaze fell over to the top floor of Babel, and a light smile came to my lips.