Battle With Dix Perdix

(Lido POV)

We were waiting in the cave just waiting as Bell said. We were all quiet, waiting for this "Trap," 

"Lido...I'm nervous," Wiene said quietly

"Don't worry, if it's Bell we're talking about everything will work out perfectly!" 

It went quiet again, then Gros picked up his head a few moments later.

"Gros?" Rei asked but then she sensed it too, then I did.

'Another Bretheren?'

The cave started breaking in, everyone got their weapons ready, and in came a Harpy. Her breathing was ragged and she was covered in wounds.

Rei flew over to her to help her up and everyone swarmed her

"Are you alright?" I asked as I grabbed some bandages and potions we had. It was obvious that the answer was no, but the look on her face looked worse than her wounds.

"P-Please..." her voice was hoarse, "Save them..." 

After we managed to patch her up and give her some water we asked her to explain it calmly.

"There were so many of us...In cages, I was being transported out but I was luckily able to get my handcuffs out. Once I did I killed the two guards just barely and I ran here since I remembered the schedule. But...The others all are like me-No, even worse,"

"He never was going to give us a choice was he?" Gros muttered so quietly that only me and Rei seemed to have heard.

He was right though, even if we declined the offer, or if Bell hadn't told us anything the result would have been the same. In a word, this was a forced move on our part that we couldn't change no matter what. After all, there was no way we would leave one of our brethren behind.

"Everyone..." I readied my weapons "We're not doing this only because Bell asked, we must fight for our brethren so do not be upset that we know that this is a trap,"

The harpies eyes widened at knowing this was a trap.

"WE WILL FIGHT!" I raised my weapons and screamed, following mine was the other monsters.

(Dix POV)

"Now we wait..." 

Bell the prodigy, was a mysterious guy. But if he thinks that I'm just gonna let his plans go by as planned then he an idiot. My plan was once these guys were lured here I would capture them all. 

Sucks though I had to give up the Harpy...Girls make loads more money. All the others were too hurt to even move through.

As I waited I reached for my book, only to realize it wasn't in my pocket.

"What?!" I quickly felt around my pockets and realized it wasn't there.

My glinted red eyes sparkled with anger.

"..."

'Hopefully losing that thing will end this shitty curse...'

Just then I heard footsteps running my way.

"Sir! Monsters are attacking Riveria!" 

The person reporting must have been a new guy since I haven't seen him before. 

"Alright, open the doors," I said with a smirk, trying to get my mind off my lost book.

"A-Are you sure sir?!" 

"Do as I say, didn't they already teach you that?"

"Y-Yes!"

He ran off and I sat down and waited.