A Change of Heart

(Hestia POV)

I waited outside Bell's door, he hasn't come out for a day.

He came home and didn't say anything to us yesterday and then he just locked himself in his room...And that's not the only problem we have currently too.

The adventurers are demanding justice for their killed allies, saying that Bell was a monster lover and killed people to keep a monster safe.

The only reason the guild hasn't made a move yet is that they want to deal with the Xenos on the surface, who have gone missing.

"...Hey, Bell?" I called

"..." No response

"I'm coming in,"

I opened the door and saw him with his back turned to me facing the wall. It was pitch black, all windows had blinds over them and you could barely make him out on the bed.

"Bell, can you at least tell me what happened?"

Killing a few adventurers was not the issue, something else had happened that caused him to be like this.

"...You think that too, huh," He said quietly.

I don't know if he managed to guess my thoughts or if he just knew me well enough to know what I was thinking but then why did killing bother him now? What difference does it make to the mass murder of the Apollo familia?

"Ask, Lily. She likely knows what's been going on,"

He wouldn't look me in the eyes, just kept his back to me.

"...Let me know if you need anything,"

I then left the room to go check in with Lily.

"Hey, Lily do you know why Bell was bothered by killing this time around?"

"...To be fair it is partly our fault. You've noticed it, haven't you? The fact that he's been acting colder lately, not even smiling,"

I nodded

"It's likely because he had reasons to kill others, but this time he didn't. Obviously one can make the claim it was to protect the Xenos but everyone has their own moral compass. It's likely that he feels killing people who were only doing what was right was wrong,"

'As expected of Bell's number two,' I thought sadly. 'I couldn't even figure out what was bothering him,'

(Bell POV)

'How long am I going to be like this?'

Laying down on the bed, doing nothing but sulking in my thoughts. It's pathetic, but even though I want to get up, even though I want to try, something is holding me down.

It was suffocating. Living life doing nothing, just laying down while everyone tries to clean up a mess they don't even know about.

No one knows about what happened in the sewers between me and Fels maybe besides the other Xenos. For all I know though Hermes mine as well know, the bastards are always in the way. Always doing something to throw me off track.

Then there were the adventurers which everyone did know about. Just thinking about that made me want to puke.

I then heard another knock on the door.

"Ummm...Bell?" It was Hestia

"What?" I asked in a somewhat annoyed voice.

"You have a visitor,"

(Ais POV)

When I got back home yesterday I got yelled at the most I ever had.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YA DOING AIS-TAN?! PROTECTING MONSTERS?! WHAT WENT THROUGH YOUR HEAD?!"