War Game

I tossed the note inside and lept out the window, however, instead of going back inside I would then just head back home.

After all, me even going to the benevolent mistress would look bad to Hestia so it would just be better to have them kick her out and find me back at home.

I did though want to stop by and see Welf. 

I went to the smith's area and asked around until I found his smithing area. I knocked and entered.

"Yo, Welf,"

"...Hey Bell,"

"So, you decided to join us?"

"Yea, to be fair it's not like I had a choice. Lady Hephaestus thought that I was transferring permanently. So I'm here for good now,"

"Well, We're only going to use any swords you make for the clean-up. Also, I have one request,"

I placed the minotaur horn I got a while back down.

"Could you turn this into a Dagger for me?"

"Sure, but I'll only need half,"

"You can use the other half for whatever You'd like. Consider it my repayment for what happened in the dungeon,"

Welf's eyes were fixed on the horn as he looked at the glow, then his expression turned serious.

"I'm surprised you didn't ask for a magic sword,"

"Why would I want that? They break too easily...However, they do still have their uses. I wouldn't say I don't like them but I much prefer actual weapons,"

A small smile came to his face at that.

"ALL RIGHT BELL! I'M GONNA MAKE THE BEST DAGGER YOU'VE EVER SEEN!"

"Looking forward to it," I said with a wave as I left

Time flew by until the next day. We set out for the War game which was around 5 hours away so we left fairly early in the morning.

The carriage consisted of Me, Lily, Welf, and Mikoto. Of course, a driver was there as well.

"Bell, are you sure we're going to be alright?" Mikoto asked

"Yup, If the opponents still get overwhelmed either way it doesn't matter. They only have about 50ish members left as well,"

We went the whole way laughing and telling tales. Only Mikoto seemed to be on edge considering our situation. However, the look in her eyes seemed to have an uneasy feeling, not about that battle but about us.

She kept staring at Lily, and me over and over again with a nervous look. I don't know if she perhaps saw the massacre or if her intuition is high but it seems I have to move carefully around her

We arrived at the castle which the Apollo familia was already at. They tried to look confident but it wasn't looking well.

It was day now so shadow spikes would barely be useful right now, to mention the shadows here are all on the inside of the castle or all the way on the other side.

An announcer suddenly spoke in a loud voice, it seemed to be carried here by magic

"THE BATTLE WILL BEGIN WHEN THE HESTIA FAMILIA STARTS THE ATTACK! IT WILL LAST FOR 3 DAYS FROM NOW AND WILL END AFTER THAT OR WHEN THE ENEMY LEADER IS TAKEN DOWN, FOR THE HESTIA FAMILIA IT IS THE PRODIGY BELL CRANEL, FOR THE APOLLO FAMILIA IT IS DAPHNE LAUROS! START!"

Welf then walked over to me "Here ya go, use them well,"

It was a red knife that had a bit of a glow to it. The other was the only magic sword he had. "Thanks,"