Lily's Mission

(Bell POV)

The ceiling collapsed, but as it did so did Lyu.

I couldn't move right now, and neither could she. She passed out right as she hit the ground.

I was barely conscious myself but I knew that if I fell asleep I would die.

'Analyze, and adapt,'

I looked around my surroundings using only my eyes. I could only see greyish-white tunnels all around me. Judging from that it's safe to say we are on the White Palace, the 37th floor. And while it was good I knew where I was it was terrible just as much. I never memorized this floor.

I never even thought about the possibility of coming down here yet, so naturally I didn't think of anything on this floor. I don't know about food, water locations, or even some of the monsters.

I then thought about how I was able to move so well as I grabbed Lyu. It was the same as when I ran away from the minotaur, except now I could see Lyu unlike how last time I didn't see anyone else.

I need to find out how I can access that untapped strength manually. 

The ability itself, whatever it is, allows me to move despite my body being pushed to the absolute limit. I'm not conscious when I use it and I have only bits and pieces of memory from it.

There was also one common factor in both scenarios though, and that was that I ran away. My thoughts in both fights as well were also telling me to run, that this fight was not winnable currently.

So, the conclusion I came to was this. It was my true self. It was my True Instinct that reflects not what I want to do but what I have to do.

Now, how to access it?

I then moved my eyes to look in front of me, there was a sheep that had a skull on its head.

'Damn...'

I couldn't even move my hand for shadow spikes. I also had never dealt with this monster before nor had I heard of it before.

It moved closer, each step felt as if death was coming closer. 

But there was one thing I could do. While I had no clue about monsters here and I also knew nothing about the floor I knew monsters were smarter here. And because of that...

I lifted my eyes and looked at the glowing skull sheep in the eyes as it walked closer.

And smiled

Then it stopped, it didn't try and move closer but it didn't try and run

It was assessing the situation, trying to figure out whether it could attack and if there was a trap, what it was.

I then bit my own lip so blood started to drip out, I kept on doing so to the point where there was a sizable puddle near my mouth.

The Sheep then took a step back and walked away.