Quitters

(Bell POV)

So far so good. 

It was a few hours after the meeting with the Freya familia.

I offered a plan to use myself as bait, but I let them come up with the details of it. After all, if I did then it would surely alert that elf who was there that I was dangerous.

In a fight though, I would lose to him no doubt, so I have to make sure to play my cards right like how I had earlier.

I've been forced to stay in a private room in the Freya familia to avoid me going to the Loki familia and letting them know of the trap.

Then came a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said, still with my contacts in and the bottom of my face covered

The door opened to reveal Freya.

"Well, I guess I don't need this," I took off the face mask.

"I'm curious, I must say," She said as she closed the door behind her.

She then walked to me and put a hand on my cheek

"Why are pretending to be dead? Why are you trying such a futile way of destroying my familia? What could possibly be going through that foolish brain of yours?"

"It'll work because you are like you are," I said as I brushed her hand off "You don't think that by starting a war with the Loki familia I'll be able to take you down,"

"You won't. Not with the method you are using," She said as she sat down on the bed next to me.

"I'm using this method to finish in time before Hermes comes back. Your just the appetizer,"

She let out a smile "Hermes, is in heaven,"

"...I assume you have some reason for that claim?"

"Our familia has a secret magic that not even Hermes knows about, and it's quite a destructive one. I can eliminate the light that comes from a god's death,"

"..."

"It's annoying having to do everything in public, like with Ishtar, but when a familia starts to get a little too much out of control, sometimes a god or goddess with just disappear, and of course, that's my doing,"

"...You're even stupider than I thought," I said with a small laugh, "You think Hermes is dead? No way, not even possible. But if you say you killed him it must have been while leaving Orario right? Which would mean you knew he was going to leave which as well would mean you knew about the incident in the dungeon,"

She let out a smile.

"You were the real one who set it up, not Hermes. Right, Freya?"

She moved closer to me on the bed, her body so close to me that I could touch her even if I moved the slightest bit.

"I knew it, Bell," I then looked into her eyes and was taken aback by what I saw. "You and I, we are two of the same. We both see the world as our dolls and in turn, we are the only "People," but you, you went from a doll to a person,"

She then cupped my cheeks and brought her face right in front of mine.

"We both live in a doll house as people. It's lonely isn't it?"

She then went in for a kiss, and I let it happen.

"Now, let's enjoy ourselves a bit, shall we? You'll be my first," she said with a seductive smile

Right as she was making her move, the door bust open again. This time it was Ottar, Allen, and a dark elf.

Freya turned around angrily towards them. "Didn't I tell you to clear this whole floor and not come in until the meeting was done?"

"...Lady Freya. Please be honest," Ottar started "Is it true that you plan to destroy this whole familia?"

She didn't respond, only continued to stare for a moment, before...

"You make it sound bad when you phrase it like that. I'm just going to get what I want, even if it means destroying the familia,"

Ottar and the others didn't respond.

"And isn't it your job to make sure that doesn't happen as well?"

"...One last thing, lady Freya," Ottar said again in a stern voice "If, Bell Cranel were to die, would you leave behind this familia to chase after him?"

Ottar and the others know of me for one reason, and that was that I let them. After the elf and I talked over the plan to bait myself, I asked to speak to the elf alone. When he agreed, I revealed who I truly was.

He didn't seem too startled but it didn't seem like he expected it either.

I then told him the following.

(Flashback, 4 hours ago)

"I'm going to be perfectly clear with you. This familia is doomed to fail. Whether it be today or tomorrow all it's doing is prolonging the inevitable," I said in a laid-back voice.

"I do hope you have a good reason for saying such stupid things. The only reason why I haven't killed you yet is because everyone else still thinks you're a member of the Loki familia,"

"As I'm sure you know better than anyone, Freya will do whatever it takes to achieve her goals. She is, without a doubt, someone who would throw all their toys away for a new one,"

"That's 'Lady' Freya," He said in a correcting tone.

"I am going to plunge this familia into war with the Loki familia, which I'm sure have already figured out. However, there's something else that you don't know about that. Freya will recruit me to join the familia, and in exchange, I will ask for the following: 1, I want to be the leader. 2, I want access to all the money and connections stored, and 3...I want the ability to kick anyone out of the familia I want to,"

"..."

"And you know what she'll say? She'll say go right ahead. Because to her, you are all dolls she can go back to and play with when she feels like,"

"...I think you misunderstand something, Bell Cranel," The elf said in an angry voice "We choose to be with Lady Freya knowing this. We are loyal to her and to her alone,"

"In that case, you would be fine then if I kick out everyone in the familia except some bottom fry? You would rather have her be happy and have the familia suffer? Let me rephrase the question, do you want to save the familia, or have your goddess be happy for a month or 2,"

"...I would prioritize whatever she would want,"

"Well, you've heard my piece, so, see ya. But just so you know, the others may resent you for your decision just now,"

I then put my disguise back on and a guard escorted me to my room.

(Present)

"I would go back to heaven for him," Freay said in a matter-of-fact tone

So the elf couldn't handle the pressure. 

He wasn't here now, but the pressure of knowing something this important and not sharing it with some other higher-ups was eating away at his anxiety, except, I made most of it up.

I don't know how she'll react once she gets into the war, and I don't know if she'll make me an offer to join. But there was one thing I did know, and that was from the day I walked into Orario, I had become her new toy, and everyone else knew that as well.

"In that case, Lady Freya..."

I was never going to destroy your familia, Freya, you were going to destroy it yourself. 

"I would like to request a prominent leave, as would the rest of us here,"

I let out a thin smile as the audio recorder in my pocket continued to play throughout the whole conversation.

'Freya, you overestimate gods and goddesses way too much. In fact, this was almost too easy,'

Freya then went to open her mouth.

'And what you'll say next is...'

"Sure, go ahead,"