Game of Waiting

(Bell POV)

With Bete being taken care of, I quickly left the arena. Currently, I had one main objective which was now to find Hermes. Everything else would be taken care of naturally. The events of the Fall of Finn and the disappearance of Bete would spiral into even more chaos.

People are already in a panic from the explosives earlier, and without Loki familia's assistance, it's going to be very difficult to calm people down. Ganesha familia would have to shoulder the burden of everything but they won't be able to stop it now.

What the world will need, is a hero to show up and save everyone. 

In the streets, people still seemed to be after me. I made sure not to be followed and made my way all the way back home. As I was about to open the door, I felt killing intent behind me, a strong one at that.

I ducked immediately and grabbed the attacker by the shirt and slammed them down to the ground before putting a knife against their neck.

Only then did I see who the attacker was.

"What are you doing, Mikoto?"

"Where did you put Haruhime?!"

"Huh? I didn't do anything to her."

"Liar! I know you did something, you set this whole thing up as it is now, and you have Haruhime for some other reason! Tell me-"

Before she could finish, I knocked her out before placing her on the front porch.

The dark sky then started to rain.

"Maybe going in right now is a bad idea..." I muttered to myself as I dashed off.

I decided to stay in an abandoned building to get my thoughts together when all of a sudden someone walked in.

Their whole body was covered in black, and they seemed to have no hostile intent.

They handed over a note, then quickly left.

"...It's gotta be Hermes."

I opened the note quickly, and read what it said.

I HAVE HARUHIME WITH ME CURRENTLY. COME TO MY FAMILIA'S BASE TO RECEIVE HER. -HERMES

"Tch."

I clicked my tongue and got up, both my knives at the ready and headed out again. Hermes familia's base was right next to the guild, so I had to be very careful when entering. 

After around 10 minutes of waiting for the perfect opportunity, I finally ran in.

The reception room was full of empty chairs, and the receptionist seemed to be expecting me.

"Please come this way," She said as she led me to another room.

In this other room, was Hermes with Asfi at his side.

"Nice to see you, Bell."

"Shut it. What do you want?"

"Right to the matter at hand, nice." 

He then handed me a document as I sat on the couch opposite them.

"Seriously?" I said as I looked up from the paper "You want me to sign away my life in a near slave contract to keep me safe from the guild?"

"Of course. Naturally, you don't really think you can just go back to normal after what you did right?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Bullshit, here."

He then slid photos, of me leaving stores with the materials necessary to build a bomb.