Success

(Bell POV)

When we got back to the mansion I dropped off Haruhime and went straight to the lab. I told her to let me know when Mikoto and Lily come back.

I started working on something I had heard about from when the Minotaur was fighting Bete, Tiona, and Tione. The rumors of the weapon went around like crazy trying to find out who had made the electric weapon. 

With a blank expression on my face, I laced the underside of my armor in rubber. I knew it wouldn't fully block the force but it should be good enough to block out most of the damage.

After I did that I went back to working on my drug I had still yet to have the results I wanted

.

.

.

The four days of waiting had felt like forever. The black minotaur had accepted the letter, which was a battle of challenge. The goal of this would be for me to fight the most dangerous monster and hopefully save some of my reputations. 

One issue had opened though. On the last day, I went to report to Ouranos that Hermes had given me the wrong book and showed him what was wrong.

Apparently, Hermes was a step ahead though and already dealt with the issue. So now the fake book that was made by Hermes was now made by Ikelos.

It didn't bother me too much though. As much as I would have liked to have used Hermes and gotten him out of the picture early saving my reputation takes priority. Freya won't be too happy about that but it is what it is.

The letters sent by Hestia have turned the adventurers lazy since they think that all reportings are just fakes. But I don't know how Finn has adapted. If I had to guess though he would still be the same always.

Everything was in place currently, the bomb was ready in one of the tunnels. I had also gone to check with the Xenos and they decided to work with me one last time.

Bete, Tiona, and Tione were all resting from their fight with the minotaur so it was the perfect chance for an attack

"Everyone understands what's happening, so now let's put that into action," I announced 

"Let's do it!"

Hestia was the only one who had the energy to scream but everyone was visibly tense, nonetheless, they also agreed but nodded.

I took off with Mikoto in the same direction, each of us loaded with magic swords Welf had made.

We made no sound as we ran. My destination was to another tunnel while Mikoto's was to the Bomb.

We split up five minutes later and I waited for her queue.

and then, a bomb so loud it disturbed the whole city rang out. I could hear the people running to the scene. 

'But Finn, you're smarter than that right?'

Hestia was right that Finn would likely focus his attention on the spot where there was the most danger, however, that didn't mean he would move there.

I then threw out tons of smoke grenades down another path to Knossos, then taking out more smoke grenades I ran down the path as I kept throwing them, making them visible to everyone else nearby.

'Well, it's now or never Xenos,'

I thought with a smile as I kept my whole body hidden as I ran through.

(Finn POV)

What is happening here? 

We keep on getting false reports. Saying that they're going to attack one of the tunnels then nothing happens. Tonight we also got a letter and it says the northern tunnel will be attacked. But...My thumb was throbbing, it was saying the southernmost.

'Well, let's just wait this out for now,' I was right in the middle of both, so I could respond to either.

Then a loud explosion that rang in my ears came from the south.

"What was that?" I asked one of the men next to me even though it was quite obvious.

"...Did they really attack tonight then?" He muttered as he stood there frozen.

"Move, get your squad, and go there," I demanded snapping him out of his reverie.

"Y-yes sir!"

He then took off, but I remained. Something still didn't seem right. Why would they use bombs when they were so against killing before?

I waited and I saw smoke come up from the north.

"Ha, cheeky bastard," I smiled as I took my spear and went to the smoke.

(Bell POV)

I kept on running as I dropped smoke grenades, I dropped my last when I saw a figure descend right in front of me.

"Bell Cranel, as I suspected,"

"Sorry, all the hate's been getting to my head so I acted out a little bit,"

"..." He didn't respond as he looked around, his eyes widened as I lunged at him with my dagger. He blocked easily but now we were in a stalemate with our weapons locked.

"Think I'm gonna let you go back and report that both were fakes?" 

He quickly realized that this side had no Xenos, meaning that it was either the northeast tunnel or the southeast tunnel.

But I wouldn't let him go, I would keep him here until she arrived in my stead.

"Bell...MOVE," He then flung his spear that sent me flying against a building. "I don't care if those things can cry, or laugh, or talk. They are monsters, and that is a fact,"

"I don't give too shitty about your ideals..." I said as I slowly got up "I am a person who does what he has to do, no matter what others think, or how much destruction it causes,"

"Then it seems we will never get along,"

He charged at me with the spear but then another sword intercepted it.

"God damn it, you always are on his side now huh Ais?"

Ais, who appeared seemingly out of thin air stood in between me and Finn. She got here a lot quicker than I thought. For her to arrive so quickly would have meant that she also realized the bomb was a fake.

'Smart girl,' I thought as I looked at the golden swaying hair

"You're lucky I arrived," She said while turning her head to look at me

"I knew you'd come. Anyway, I'll leave you to it,"

I then left with the sounds of metal colliding on metal left behind me.

(Xenos POV)

"WOO! It looks like Bell's plan worked this time!" Lido said with a smile as he and all of his companions ran down the dark alleyways of the southeastern route. Where seemingly no one was there to intercept them.

And hidden in the shadows trailing them to make sure they were safe were Welf, Lily, and Haruhime who were stacked with Crozzo swords.

While Lily and Haruhime couldn't fight using a magic sword took no skill once soever. They could easily intercept regular-level adventurers even with their lack of experience and bad stats.

A god with a smile looked down at the scene. It wasn't one of arrogance like normal, it seemed like a smile from the heart. Like watching a young boy growing up a little.

"Are you going to intervene Hermes?" Asfi asked the god

"No, I think it's good to let the boy grow on his own,"

Leaving it at that neither of the two spoke again as they watched the Xenos all safely flee into Knossos. 

Bell's mission was a success, however, there was one Xenos missing, a black minotaur emerged from the darkness and made its way to the Northeast route, where the letter had specified the place of the duel.

'Bell Cranel...' That was the name written on the letter. The name itself sent shivers down his spine. He didn't know why, but he knew that this person was in a class of his own. He smiled as the thought of fighting him entered his mind