Happy

(Bell POV)

When I opened my eyes, I saw the top of a tent. 

'...'

I realized that because I was in a tent, clearly safe and sound, that I didn't get to see the end of the fight. Or more precisely, the end of the dragon's life.

I got out of the tent and saw Ais and the other leaders all talking with happy expressions. It was night out and everyone else was seemingly asleep.

Ais was the first one to notice me.

"Oh, Bell. You're awake." She said with a light smile

"Yea...So, how many did we lose? And how long has it been?"

"We lost roughly 350ish soldiers. And it's been nearly 1 week. You and Rivera are the only ones who hadn't woken up yet so we were carrying you around."

"I see. Thanks."

"No problem." She then patted the ground next to her, "Take a seat."

I did as she asked and sat down. Naturally, most people here still viewed me with hostility but I didn't let it bother me.

"...Bell."

"Bell."

Two voices called out to me, one was from Bete, and the second was from Finn.

"Thanks. You saved our lives back there." Bete spoke for what Finn wanted to say and Finn agreed by nodding.

I was surprised at first. I didn't actually expect them to willingly admit thanks to my face. 

"You've done a lot of shit I still don't like ta think about. But...I think you've changed. Whether I'm right or not is my own judgment, so If I'm wrong then I'll take accountability."

"Yea. At the time way back when, you had completely crushed my pride. But then again, I would have lost more than just an arm if it weren't for you. So, I'm grateful."

"...You're welcome?"

I didn't really know what to say right now which was fairly unlike me, however, I must have said the wrong thing since Ais elbowed me hard to my side.

I held my side as I looked at her, but she just stared back. Judging from her look, I knew what I was expected to say as well.

"And...Thank you guys too."

"What are you thanking them for?" Ais asked

I glared at her for a second before taking a deep breath, "I'm thankful for how hard you worked and the fact that without you guys I, or more people would have died as well."

"Good." Ais nodded with satisfaction.

"Bell...Sorry to do this to ya but I'm next." Lido said with a giddy smile, "I'm giving thanks to you from two years ago, back when you did all that crazy shit. You made the Xenos and the people on the surface work together to stop you. If it weren't for that, I'm sure I wouldn't be here today with everyone celebrating. So, in addition to thank you, I want to ask why you did that."

"...I wanted to make sure we had the best chances possible for defeating the dragon, and to do so-"

Ais elbowed me again except much harder this time, I let out a little groan.

"Eh...I...I felt bad for you guys. Hate it or not, I did it 'cause I felt pity for you."

I was expecting another elbow for the blunt remark, but none came.

Lido just smiled happily, "I see. Well, either way, I'm still super grateful. Whether you did it cause you felt pity or not, you were the starting point to ending the discrimination between us."