2. I Will Change the Future

After Lalisa made up her mind, she began to feel anxiety creep up on her. The time when Prince Jungkook would be assassinated already overlapped with the present. Although the exact time when he was killed was unknown, she fortunately remembered the location as the assassination had been the most talked about event before the rebellion.

There was no time to waste. It would be a disaster if she missed this window of opportunity to save Jungkook's life. Blaise Castle was located in south of the capital, and it would take several days to get to from here to there. She had to make haste as soon as possible.

"Our brother Namjoon is training now, isn't he?"

"Yes, it's always the same. If he doesn't hold a sword for even a day, he'll probably get a rash."

Roseanne adorably stuck out her tongue and Lalisa looked at her lovingly. Lalisa had missed her sister so much. She was anxious to keep her eyes on her even more, but now she was in a hurry. She stroked Roseanne's soft hair and spoke to her sadly.

"Roseanne, I have to go somewhere for a while."

"Huh? Where are you going?"

"It will be a few days."

"That long? I'm coming with you!"

Roseanne clutched at Lalisa's nightgown. Perhaps it was because Roseanne didn't remember their mother, who had died early, but the young girl had always hated being away from her older sister since she was a child. Lalisa did not hate Roseanne for following her like a mother, and they had little memory of being separated until their family had been destroyed in their previous life.

The decades of living without Roseanne had been extremely lonely. Lalisa wanted to indulge her sister and listen to everything she said, but this wasn't the time.

"I have to go alone..."

She quickly turned her head away. She had to be away for at least a few days to rescue Prince Jungkook, but she couldn't disappear for no reason. This wasn't a life when no one stopped her as a swordswoman, no matter what she did. She was the daughter of a Count who had to tell everyone her every move.

A memory flashed through Lalisa's head and gave her an idea.

"I have to go see Jihyo, and you can't travel that far with me."

"Jihyo?"

"Yes. I heard from her by letter a while ago, but I think I should go there myself."

Jihyo was a baroness who lived on a rural estate and was a distant relative of the Blaise's. She loved both Lalisa and Roseanne and, although not a frequent visitor, would make sure to visit Blaise Castle whenever she visited the south. Lalisa remembered that Jihyo had been very nervous preparing for her wedding. In her previous life she had only attended the wedding day to congratulate her, but now she had to leave Blaise Castle under any pretext. Jihyo, who had been her good acquaintance since childhood, would make a good excuse.

Lalisa glanced at Roseanne's face with apprehension, wondering if her memory might have been wrong. Luckily, however, Roseannne spoke with a subdued look as if she already knew about Jihyo.

"Do you still have to go there by yourself? If you're worried, you should send someone else...You can't travel that far just to see if something is up. Besides, this house is nothing without my sister."

"In some ways, a wedding is the most important thing in a woman's life. I need to visit her myself."

"But..."

"Jihyo has a lot of hair and she worries about taking care of it every day. If I go there in person it will help her greatly."

"...Tch."