174. The Teddy Bear And The Lady (3)

"Why are you..."

Despite Roseanne's puzzled expression, Jimin only repeated his words.

"Please answer. I asked you if you were crying because of me."

Of course it was because of him. She cried because she despaired to see him go. But Roseanne could not bring himself to answer honestly. He might move further away from her if he knew her real feelings, so she shook her head.

"No, I'm not crying because of Kuhn. There's just dust in my eyes..."

"You can curse at me for being bad."

"No, I said it was dust."

"You want me to believe that?"

"I'm telling you, I'm fine, so you don't have to worry."

Roseanne knew she was making ridiculous excuses, but she couldn't step back. If he discovered the foolish feelings she harbored, he really may not want to see her again.

But that too made her sad. Nothing hurt more than never being able to see him again. Even if her heart was shredded into a thousand or ten thousand pieces...she would still miss him.

Jimin looked at her and sighed.

"Here—"

He wiped the tears off Roseanne's cheeks with the handkerchief he had offered. Although Jimin's touch was meant to console her, Roseanne's eyes overflowed again, but she bit hard on her tongue to swallow them back. No matter what happened, she couldn't cry in front of him. Her effort was so hard that her lip started to bleed, and Kuhn spoke in a soft voice.

"You were honest before, so when did you start hiding your feelings?"

"It's not like that."

"Very well. If the Young Lady does not want to answer, then I'll let myself be deceived."

It was as if he was implying the Roseanne of the past was better than the one now. A sense of unfairness bubbled up inside her. Was that true? It was as if her heart was being squeezed. She felt bitter as she cowardly tried to understand the feeling inside her.

"If...if I said I cried because of you, what were you going to say in reply?"

The hand that was wiping away her tears with a handkerchief suddenly stopped. Jimin seemed to find it difficult to look in her eyes, so she smiled vaguely and continued.

"See...that's why you don't ask difficult questions in the first place."

Roseanne spoke firmly in conclusion, and Jimin gazed at her with his gray eyes.

"My Lady...you must be mistaken."

"Don't worry. I don't think you like me."

"That's the problem."

Roseanne looked at Jimin questioningly. Mistaken. That didn't make any sense. She thought back a moment...

As the thought deepened, Roseanne's eyes began to tremble. Something was wrong. It sounded like he had feelings for her. But it couldn't be. Jimin broke up with her and never contacted or saw her afterwards. Even after reuniting again with her after a long time, he was distant from her.

'No, wait...'

Was he really distant at all? During dinner, he mentioned dishes from the past, and afterwards he gave his jacket to her without hesitation.

Even now...

He had come back for Roseanne.

She frowned as she laid out these events in her mind. Jimin looked at her confusedly at her sudden reaction.