155. You Shouldn't Have Touched Her

It was in Lunen where Woobin and Jimin faced each other. Anyone could see that Woobin had the home field advantage in this fight, as more Lunen reinforcements would eventually arrive. Woobin gave Jimin an acid stare.

"You think you're in a position to have such a big mouth?"

Despite Woobin's provocation, however, Jimin's demeanor remained composed.

"Do you think you can hold us down with the Lunen soldiers or the Blood Assassins?"

"...What?"

"My men and I are the elite unit of the great Ruford Empire. You'll be dead before your reinforcements arrive."

Jimin was not afraid to fight in the middle of enemy territory. The soldiers that infiltrated Lunen were highly skilled and handpicked by the Emperor to rescue Lalisa. No number of Blood Assassins could hope to win against them.

Woobin ground his teeth at the man's bold impudence.

"Then I'll see for myself if you have such ability."

"Be my guest."

Woobin made a gesture, and the Blood Assassins behind him dashed forward. Despite their numbers, their swift footsteps did not leave a sound. The Ruford soldiers showed no fear, and Jimin confidently held his ground.

Chaaang!

The two forces clashed, and Jimin gave a short command to his nearest support.

"Tell the other units the signal we just saw."

Hopefully, there were troops nearby that could go ahead of Jimin and secure Lalisa's safety as soon as possible.

"Understood."

The man bowed and immediately peeled away from the fight. Suddenly—

Jimin instinctively twisted his body, and Woobin'ssword flashed at the spot where Jimin was just a moment before. Woobin's eyes glistened at Jimin's cat-like maneuver.

"How dare you look down at me."

"As you can see, I can avoid you without even looking."

The edge of Woobin's mouth twitched at Jimin's taunt.

"You used to be less mouthy in the past. When did you get to be this bad?"

"Don't pretend to be friendly."

Woobin's attack was too quick for the eye to follow, but Jimin blocked it as if he had read the other man's mind. Since both were assassins, their fighting styles were much more stealthy and quick than the average knight, meant to precisely target their opponent's weak spot.

Jimin delivered a swift kick to Woobin's chin. The other man rotated his body to absorb the attack, then he stepped back at a distance, swearing as he wiped blood from his mouth.

"That's pretty good."

"..."

Jimin's face was determinedly blank, and he did not deign Woobin a response. It was him that spoke again.

"Why don't you join my side?"

"No thank you."

"Don't you think it will be better if we join forces? Anyone who has ever been targeted by us has never lived."

Woobin was admittedly impressed by Jimin's incredible abilities. Perhaps because they were the same kind of fighter, Woobin could keenly see the skill behind Jimin's every move. Assassins, unlike ordinary knights, specialized in silently and quickly taking lives. Jimin would be even more intimidating in the shadows, as Woobin was.